Why do you grow?

• Thread starter hps4891
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hps4891

hps4891

Thanks man, means a lot. Funny thing is the PTSD came years after I began growing, and years after my drug daze. For the last 10 years I've been a firefighter/first responder and I've seen a lot of death, a lot of it trauma related, and living on an island of 5000 people, a lot of them were people I knew, including one of our own firefighters. No amount of CISD briefings prepares you for it.

I first realized I was dealing with some sort of trauma while in my growroom. I started spending entire evenings in there when there was nothing to be done, just because I couldnt handle being around people. Not even my own family.
For a year or so after I made the connection I hated going in the growroom because it just brought it all back, but now i see it as a place to clear my head and get the job done. Its helped me get through a lot of rough shit.

And smoking pot. lol, that helps a lot too. The drinking had to go though...
THANK YOU for your service as a 1st responder, means a lot that people like you have the courage to go through what you go through in order to help the rest of us!!

basscaptain

basscaptain

Bible study class is two forums to the right.....
3 things you should stay away from on the net
Azzholes/ Me
Bible Class/ Talk/ etc.......................
Red or Blue who is Fu.king up the USA Faster.............................

Putting a wireless router outside yesterday may NOT of been a Good Idea :( lol

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Ok Farmers, some have been warned before! This will be the last time I openly warn on this subject!!
Read it, live it and grow some fucking weed bros!!

1. Threads or posts pertaining to religious or political discussions meant to incite or flame others will be closed and/or deleted. THCFarmer is an international site attracting members from a multitude of religious and political backgrounds, so in favor of harmony and unity, rather than division, it is best to stay on the topic of this site... cannabis. There is a forum for law/politics as it pertains to cannabis.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Back to the discussion..

Aside from what I mentioned above......I could never have asked for a more rewarding and fun hobby than growing! Not to mention that for now anyway, I don't have to purchase any big pharma meds. What I was taking up until 3 yrs ago, would have killed me for sure (legally prescribed opiods).

tall boys

tall boys

Back to the discussion..

Aside from what I mentioned above......I could never have asked for a more rewarding and fun hobby than growing! Not to mention that for now anyway, I don't have to purchase any big pharma meds. What I was taking up until 3 yrs ago, would have killed me for sure (legally prescribed opiods).

My wife been off the MS Cotton, for a year now .
Blueberry been a good strain for her ( pain ) .

Me, it's all good .

BigCube

BigCube

Back to the discussion..

Good to see you off those man. I had major surgery a few years ago and they had me on them. I had a growth in my head, a lot like cancer but not cancer. But like cancer it has to all be removed, otherwise it grows back.

Anyways, when you get your head worked on, even if they dont touch your brain, there is shit load of pain upon recovery. So they had me on opiates before I even woke up.

I am a tough grown ass man, but that shit had me in tears thinking this is how my life was going to be now. Thankfully as soon as i was out of the hospital I stopped taking them and over 3 or 4 days sobered up and realized it was just the drugs that had me down.

Glad to see you out of the haze man!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

My wife been off the MS Cotton, for a year now .
Blueberry been a good strain for her ( pain ) .

Me, it's all good .
Hey..BB has always been one of my favorites as well. After buying some DJ Short BB in a local dispensary a few yrs ago, I grew out a few other breeder's beans. They were all good, but nothing like the stuff I bought (and dispensary stuff sux here). Finally bit the bullet and bought some DJ Short BB beans and flowered one outside..She is not disappointing me in the least. Just finished drying some hand trimmed buds for smoke and the rest is in the deep freeze for fresh frozen hash. This smells like Blubbery..not close..exactly like BBs. I highly recommend his beans and maybe with Black Friday sales around the corner, they will become reasonable. When I find some room, I will grow out either a male or a female again. Plan if a female would be to reverse her and grab some pollen.

Get this..I flowered out this male a few months ago..He looked beautiful; but NOT A SPECK OF POLLEN!
This was BB before I chopped her a few days ago. (2nd shot, front right with a few trimmed colas)

DJ Short Blueberry male
20190928 043612 resized

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Good to see you off those man. I had major surgery a few years ago and they had me on them. I had a growth in my head, a lot like cancer but not cancer. But like cancer it has to all be removed, otherwise it grows back.

Anyways, when you get your head worked on, even if they dont touch your brain, there is shit load of pain upon recovery. So they had me on opiates before I even woke up.

I am a tough grown ass man, but that shit had me in tears thinking this is how my life was going to be now. Thankfully as soon as i was out of the hospital I stopped taking them and over 3 or 4 days sobered up and realized it was just the drugs that had me down.

Glad to see you out of the haze man!
TY..I was on Oxycodone for 10+ years! I don't blame my doctor and he is not a pill pusher. In fact he (a Pain management old school Doc.) was thrilled that I feel well again and happily signed for my MMJ card renewal last year (to grow, you must have a card in Nevada to be legal.)

He never would perscribe a sleeping pill though, since he feared addiction with those worse than the opiods. This guy monitors his patients VERY closely for any signs of addiction..I was addicted and we both knew it. You have to be after that many years and I got off them myself, albeit felt like death for a month..but I SLEPT WELL AGAIN! :)

tall boys

tall boys

Hey..BB has always been one of my favorites as well. After buying some DJ Short BB in a local dispensary a few yrs ago, I grew out a few other breeder's beans. They were all good, but nothing like the stuff I bought (and dispensary stuff sux here). Finally bit the bullet and bought some DJ Short BB beans and flowered one outside..She is not disappointing me in the least. Just finished drying some hand trimmed buds for smoke and the rest is in the deep freeze for fresh frozen hash. This smells like Blubbery..not close..exactly like BBs. I highly recommend his beans and maybe with Black Friday sales around the corner, they will become reasonable. When I find some room, I will grow out either a male or a female again. Plan if a female would be to reverse her and grab some pollen.

Get this..I flowered out this male a few months ago..He looked beautiful; but NOT A SPECK OF POLLEN!
This was BB before I chopped her a few days ago. (2nd shot, front right with a few trimmed colas)

View attachment 900595View attachment 900596

Looks like a jungle .
Very nice .............

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
TY..I was on Oxycodone for 10+ years! I don't blame my doctor and he is not a pill pusher. In fact he (a Pain management old school Doc.) was thrilled that I feel well again and happily signed for my MMJ card renewal last year (to grow, you must have a card in Nevada to be legal.)

He never would perscribe a sleeping pill though, since he feared addiction with those worse than the opiods. This guy monitors his patients VERY closely for any signs of addiction..I was addicted and we both knew it. You have to be after that many years and I got off them myself, albeit felt like death for a month..but I SLEPT WELL AGAIN! :)

Props man. It's awesome reading all these stories of real recovery on here with the help of our favourite plant. It doesnt end as well for many.

About 5 years ago a good friend from highschool hung himself because of his addiction. He was in a car accident and a spinal injury left him with chronic back pain, and doctors had him on oxy for about 5 years before cutting off his supply because he was clearly addicted. They didnt offer anything to replace it with so he turned to heroin, and used that to manage his pain for about another 3-4 years. Was such a hard thing to see, he was a 6 foot plus, 220 pound ball of muscle who was very active and worked out regularly, never was a drug guy before that, had a beautiful girlfriend and a really good job, and kept his addiction extremely well hidden. Youd never know he was addicted to heroin. But the depression took him out, he went to rehab probably 3 times and every time he got out the pain drove him back to opiates. In the end the depression of feeling like he would never be himself again drove him to take his life. Very sad how common it is. RIP Joey..

hps4891

hps4891

I began to grow only for medicine but now have a true love for the site of the garden it's medicinal in more ways than one it's soothing to go out into the garden it's relaxing to spend time there and it is so nice to smell as soon as walk outside
It's better than a therapist man! Not really much cheaper but I don't have to "people" when im in the garden so issa win anyway! Plus the therapist never pays ME, my garden does.

hps4891

hps4891

Props man. It's awesome reading all these stories of real recovery on here with the help of our favourite plant. It doesnt end as well for many.

About 5 years ago a good friend from highschool hung himself because of his addiction. He was in a car accident and a spinal injury left him with chronic back pain, and doctors had him on oxy for about 5 years before cutting off his supply because he was clearly addicted. They didnt offer anything to replace it with so he turned to heroin, and used that to manage his pain for about another 3-4 years. Was such a hard thing to see, he was a 6 foot plus, 220 pound ball of muscle who was very active and worked out regularly, never was a drug guy before that, had a beautiful girlfriend and a really good job, and kept his addiction extremely well hidden. Youd never know he was addicted to heroin. But the depression took him out, he went to rehab probably 3 times and every time he got out the pain drove him back to opiates. In the end the depression of feeling like he would never be himself again drove him to take his life. Very sad how common it is. RIP Joey..
Sorry to hear man, nasty disease took my brother too. Incidentally one of the main ones who taught me to grow. His strain lives on though ✊ Im not a cryer but this shits sad bruh! Bastard disease tried to wipe me & the rest of my family too. Genuinely glad to see so many in recovery on here and finding relief from a God given plant!

Top Bottom