Why Does Resin Give You A Headache When You Smoke It??

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
socalval

socalval

Used to put all the resin we could gather into a homemade water bong made out of a coconut. Back in the day 20+ years ago when you couldn't find or afford a nick. I do remember the killer headache everynow and then. That was brick resin too smh.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Brick weed period would give me a headache so it would be no surprise the resin would also..However thats not the case here lol

MGRox

MGRox

This needs to be added to that meme where "your not a smoker if you haven't...". Resin, schwag and pop cans.....yep. :D

Reminds me of those steel bowls that had the "chamber" in the middle. Anyone else ever pack that chamber full of "stuff" and let it get all coated in resin? Man I can remember being excited about that stuff at times.

I'm similar to you Dabbie, with a couple areas (sometimes sleep, not related) and getting headaches often is one of em. It's been a long time since I've tried resin and I don't think I'm up for it now; even in the realm of testing. Though, I don't remember getting headaches with any higher regularity with resin; just a buzz with a lot to be desired heh.

brick on the other hand I will try from time to time as you get a nice little rocket for a few minutes and reminded of what I used to consider "normal".

A question that comes to mind from this....
Which is the greater crime; To have a grower without their own smoke or to have a smoker that has to smoke resin? :p

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

:eek:Oh the irony
May I ask how the combustion took place for example I used to take a Bic lighter to the carb and suck away ;^} is that how you um smoked the resin?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Well so far so good, munchies galore... and nothing to eat in sight... typical.. No headache tho! Stoned pretty good :D

Think i shall consume more later don't wanna push it to much just in case..but im baked atm so im happier.. :D

:eek:Oh the irony
May I ask how the combustion tool place for example I used to take a Bic lighter to the carb and suck away ;^} is that how you um smoked the resin?

collect with acetone evape acetone vac resin then smoke it ontop of a screen..

prior to that id just scrape the shit out with a pin or whatever handy and goop it onto a screen.. This shit tho i just reclaimed with acetone to make the job quicker.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Chamber pipes. Lol.
Pack a choice bud in it so it can get resinated. Then smoke it later. Good stuff back in '88.

But nothing wrong with a little resin now and again if your out. Gooey black shiney resin never gave me a headache. It was always the charcoal type of resin that would do that.
Peace

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Did you burn it like dabs or did you use a lighter because I think you sucked in butane from lighter

Lighter, Dabs don't work with resin just smolders makes a mess of ya nail.. gunk everywhere.. dome gets nasty.. blah..

I would say you nailed it with the butane except for the fact butane is actually an analgesic so it wouldn't constrict blood vessels and cause a headache in my mind?

socalval

socalval

There used to be some dank soft and sticky brick bud in San Diego. That nasty stuff stayed on the trucks . Took a trip down memory lane my apologies.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
There used to be some dank soft and sticky brick bud in San Diego. That nasty stuff stayed on the trucks . Took a trip down memory lane my apologies.

hehe its fine, Up in alaska was the first taste of brick weed i ever had, followed by missouri then michigan.. yak the shit travels thats for sure lol

socalval

socalval

Lol I can only imagine all the mold that has grown on it by the time it gets there .

Last edited:
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Well after puffin the pipe for the past hour at least small breaks in between hits, all i got was Baked, Munchies, and now Crashing for a nap lol

no headache so far! Wonder if i smoke some later tonight what will happen.. *shrugs* We shall i guess.

socalval

socalval

So its the butane from the lighters then?....... @ShroomKing yup that charcoal would do it cause it took forever to get hot but that real resin just bubbles stinks up the spot . @LittleDabbie hope you don't have anything you need to do today .

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
^^^LOL, chickenman, your karma took a hit on that one^^^
We used to call it "going Black Ops"; resin-smoking was a pretty frequent thing. Tastes bad, but usually got a short-lived buzz. I found that eating it would act like an edible; i'd scrap it and put it in gel caps so it didn't taste hideous. Probably not a good idea to ingest all that by-product of combustion, but hey, it was decarboxylated...

I haven't run out of herb in years, probably due to the ol' Black Ops...

that was nothing compared to a party that got out of hand that I had arranged at Georges, he wanted a small get together but soon got way out of hand.
He lived in a mansion in the Woodside/ La Honda area of Calif. We were about 16 years old. His parents were in Europe..
the merry pranksters supplied the Orange Sunshine acid, they lived just up the road.
I had a charge account at a liquor store.
Festivities started out Friday night and lasted till early Monday morning when George finally realized what was happening and called the sheriff who broke it up and reported to parents.
Must have been couple hundred people there, college students found out and came in mass...
The house was trashed, all food eaten, bars raided, all beds slept in, bottles cans, everywhere holes in ceiling from punted footballs, people passed out.. Naked massages and Orgies with salad oil....
his dads Ferrari was found with keys in it at the local college, front lawn torn up from Ferrari Spinning doughnuts'
Poor George sure caught hell from his parents, but at least they could afford it.....

Natural

Natural

Well after puffin the pipe for the past hour at least small breaks in between hits, all i got was Baked, Munchies, and now Crashing for a nap lol

no headache so far! Wonder if i smoke some later tonight what will happen.. *shrugs* We shall i guess.

a little bud has got me through times of no money better than a little money in times of no bud.
Let's see..if I didn't grow and needed some bud? ..I'd make sure to meet as many growers as possible...be a good friend and offer up some trustworthy trimming help. It's a very difficult thing to find somebody to trust in this hobby.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Damn Debbie! I should be sending you my ash tray I fill everyday:D instead of just throwing in the trash can:eek:

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
a little bud has got me through times of no money better than a little money in times of no bud.
Let's see..if I didn't grow and needed some bud? ..I'd make sure to meet as many growers as possible...be a good friend and offer up some trustworthy trimming help. It's a very difficult thing to find somebody to trust in this hobby.

Even if i wanted more pot right now my tolerance is to the point it would be a waste to bother right now... I need a break just don't wanna break suddenly... gotta ween down after all my tolerance didn't get where its at over night..

As far as meeting growers.. what can i say im not a people person?

Natural

Natural

Even if i wanted more pot right now my tolerance is to the point it would be a waste to bother right now... I need a break just don't wanna break suddenly... gotta ween down after all my tolerance didn't get where its at over night..

As far as meeting growers.. what can i say im not a people person?
That's pretty much why I avoid wax like the plague..lol.
As far as people persons..pretty much goes the same for most of us growers as well. ;)

Top Bottom