Why does this girl have such fat leaves and nute

• Thread starter GrandmaGanja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

This girl has some very fat leaves (and signs of nute burn?) and I’m not sure why. They were born just under 2 months and haven’t been fed since, potted in coast of maine blue bag. Watered every 2-3 days with a mister, light cycle is 16/8. Are the fat leaves bad? Why the nute burn.?

Why does this girl have such fat leaves and nute
Why does this girl have such fat leaves and nute 2
Why does this girl have such fat leaves and nute 3
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I think they look great compared to three weeks ago. You’re doing something right. I would play with the water. You have five different pots, maybe try five different watering schedules and amounts and see how they react. This, from an overwatering fool! Play with them. They will love you for it. You go, granny!

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Do you mist them with the lights on? If so it could just be burn from the water droplets amplifying the light like an ant under a magnifying glass

dire wolf

dire wolf

This girl has some very fat leaves (and signs of nute burn?) and I’m not sure why. They were born just under 2 months and haven’t been fed since, potted in coast of maine blue bag. Watered every 2-3 days with a mister, light cycle is 16/8. Are the fat leaves bad? Why the nute burn.?
Hey granny , this is a tough one to figure out ....the " fat " leaves are fine , it just means that you have an indica leaning plant , I mean that's fine unless you prefer the " sativa" high which is different ....
Just ride this one out for a few more leaf sets before you do anything ,
I have a bizarre theory that perhaps the roots hit a hot pocket of nutrient rich soil and burned the leaf .....but that's borderline ridiculous bro science ...
Just hang in there , I think it will straighten itself out , some nutrient rich soils can be a little " hot" for young plants

dire wolf

dire wolf

Also it looks like the plant with the burn has less perlite in it , is it the same mix ? Did you add perlite to the others , adding perlite , like 20% is helpful for drainage in the coast of Maine blend , I do it all the time

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

Hey granny , this is a tough one to figure out ....the " fat " leaves are fine , it just means that you have an indica leaning plant , I mean that's fine unless you prefer the " sativa" high which is different ....
Just ride this one out for a few more leaf sets before you do anything ,
I have a bizarre theory that perhaps the roots hit a hot pocket of nutrient rich soil and burned the leaf .....but that's borderline ridiculous bro science ...
Just hang in there , I think it will straighten itself out , some nutrient rich soils can be a little " hot" for young plants

Also it looks like the plant with the burn has less perlite in it , is it the same mix ? Did you add perlite to the others , adding perlite , like 20% is helpful for drainage in the coast of Maine blend , I do it all the time
Bro science makes sense. When I was repotting these I ran out of pots and soil. I made a choice and put the smaller plants in the smaller containers. Mix is totally the same EXCEPT like I said I ran out of soil. A few days later there were exposed roots so I took the only soil in had ( maine lobster compost) and put a light dusting on them just enough to cover them. That’s why the mic looks different, but also gives credence to the hot nute pocket. Although most of them had exposed roots that I did this to, off this one was affected. I also do spirit with the lights on and try to hit only soil, but shit happens.

i also realized what I’m doing right. I’m leaving them the f**k alone! My past bad grows were due to classic over parenting. Caused my babies an arrested development.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Bro science makes sense. When I was repotting these I ran out of pots and soil. I made a choice and put the smaller plants in the smaller containers. Mix is totally the same EXCEPT like I said I ran out of soil. A few days later there were exposed roots so I took the only soil in had ( maine lobster compost) and put a light dusting on them just enough to cover them. That’s why the mic looks different, but also gives credence to the hot nute pocket. Although most of them had exposed roots that I did this to, off this one was affected. I also do spirit with the lights on and try to hit only soil, but shit happens.

i also realized what I’m doing right. I’m leaving them the f**k alone! My past bad grows were due to classic over parenting. Caused my babies an arrested development.
Ahh too funny ...thank you for validating my nutty thoughts , now I have more confidence to voice an opinion where I would otherwise keep my mouth shut , I think you're on the right track ....

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

They mostly look excellent, except for that droopy girl in the middle and the two in the lower right.

-Is droopy-girl under watered? Gave her some extra water to watch what happens.

-Those other two, is that nute burn? It keeps happening, and I’m not feeding them anything. Maybe a hot pocket, but is it also possible there are nutes for flowering stage in the soil and they’re still vegetative?

-My tapwater PH was at 9, I added a little bit of salt and brought it down to 8. Anything else I should do?

-What should my watering look like? I've been using the spray bottle but they are getting bigger and I feel like they might need more now? Spray them liberally every 2-3 days currently.

576CD82D 5C5A 4166 9619 0660D7C3EEE2

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey G , yea I admire your overwatering caution , but it's time to use another method of delivering proper ph water , I might try a gallon jug of bottled water like Poland spring or whatever you have
Just water till a bit of run off , then wait again , maybe 3 days ? It's going to be more or less depending on how thirsty your plants are ... But it's time to start getting them wet , otherwise they won't feed / survive properly

dire wolf

dire wolf

Also your plants are going to use the nutrients they need in veg , I doubt the flower feed will harm them

Bubbah

Bubbah

Salt? Never heard of that, salt usually kills plants. 9 is too high. you are locking out nutrients. Tap water generally sucks for perfect plant health. Use RO or distilled, and whatever water you use, PH it first. Get a PH tester, up/down set and some cal mag. It ( cal mag ) should deal with the yellowing, (9 PH is locking out calcium among others) and correct PH will fix the rest.

Bubbah

Bubbah

Bubbah

I once had same problem with an indica, didnt have distiller up and running yet so used bottled water Aquafina, which caused same sort of problem. When I measured it, it was over 8.
Little PH down to 6.3, add cal mag (cal mag raised 6.8 distilled water to over 8, so add all nutes then PH.) and all was back to normal. I can think of nothing that causes more problems than PH that is not correct. Next, for indica anyway, is need for cal-mag.

As for tap water, it needs measured not only for PH, but for how much stuff is in the water. Same meter that reads hydroponic water for nute levels dissolved. Over 250 begins problems. Chlorine, also a problem. Again, whatever water, PH it.

Bubbah

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

I once had same problem with an indica, didnt have distiller up and running yet so used bottled water Aquafina, which caused same sort of problem. When I measured it, it was over 8.
Little PH down to 6.3, add cal mag (cal mag raised 6.8 distilled water to over 8, so add all nutes then PH.) and all was back to normal. I can think of nothing that causes more problems than PH that is not correct. Next, for indica anyway, is need for cal-mag.

As for tap water, it needs measured not only for PH, but for how much stuff is in the water. Same meter that reads hydroponic water for nute levels dissolved. Over 250 begins problems. Chlorine, also a problem. Again, whatever water, PH it.

Bubbah
We have a filter built into the house before the tap water. I really want to keep this an organic grow much as possible. What can I use to lower it or raise it correctly?

Also, at what point do I begin nutes? Once outside?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
They mostly look excellent, except for that droopy girl in the middle and the two in the lower right.

-Those other two, is that nute burn? It keeps happening, and I’m not feeding them anything. Maybe a hot pocket, but is it also possible there are nutes for flowering stage in the soil and they’re still vegetative?

-My tapwater PH was at 9, I added a little bit of salt and brought it down to 8. Anything else I should do?

-What should my watering look like? I've been using the spray bottle but they are getting bigger and I feel like they might need more now? Spray them liberally every 2-3 days currently.

View attachment 1125802
most of those are showing signs of overwatering and all a little different..
the droopy one, is the leaf stem pointing up kinda stiff, but the leaf is hanging sad? it is the stem weak and flimsy? the first is from overwatering.
the burnt tips and edges, bloated, rips, and brown/rust spots all from overwatering,
big fat bloated leaves are that big because they are trying to transpire so much moisture..
etc..
what’s the humidity and you have fans blowing around?

GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

Humidity is low, ~45%. I barely water them, as mentioned above. Not sure how I’d over water them, but it’s possible I suppose. Fan kicks on every 3-5 min for 3-5 min. I have a big fan outside the tent, pulling through a charcoal filter at the top of the inside of the tent via some hose ducting.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Whatever you decide, don’t use salt. Find another way. Unless you want to kill everything in it and preserve it for a few years.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

View attachment 1125802
also signs of the light is probably too close,

Top Bottom