Why is marijuana illegal when cigarettes and alcohol are much inferior?

• Thread starter whatmore
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

whatmore

Hello guys,
I used to smoke marijuana, and I am confused why, after all of the scientific study, why marijuana has remained illegal when tobacco is so much worse, and alcohol is so much worse. Marijuana is nowhere near as addictive, and is in no way destructive to the body.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

because its not about any of that shit, its about $$$$$$$. anybody that thinks different is a fool.

there is no money in a cure, its all in the treatment.

for example: how much money would nike make if they made shoes that were truly indestructible? not near as many as pieces of shit that tear apart every 6 months, its constant revenue.

ronto

ronto

Hello guys,
I used to smoke marijuana, and I am confused why, after all of the scientific study, why marijuana has remained illegal when tobacco is so much worse, and alcohol is so much worse. Marijuana is nowhere near as addictive, and is in no way destructive to the body.
There is more money in keeping pot illegal, from big pharm,to the prison industry ,and the cops, they all make more if its illegal. Even when someone is busted they have to go through court orderd rehab. which they have to pay for. Its a big scam, the drug war is a war on the people. Also you could say the drug war is just a war on pot since other drugs clear your system in a few short days. where pot can take up to 6 weeks depending on body fat. So if you get called for a job interview and they want you to piss, and have smoked pot weeks before... tough shit ... no job for you. But you can be fallen down drunk 24 hrs. earlier, be a hard core alcoholic and buddy your hired. Makes no matter that alcohol is a hundred times more dangerous. It's a crock-o-shit. I could go on and on.

ArtofHydro

ArtofHydro

not to mention the benefits of an alternative fuel source. not only was the first car constructed with the majority of hemp bi-products, but it was designed to run on hemp seed oil by Henry Ford himself. If we used hemp seed oil to replace all fossil fuels, those big major oil companies would lose millions$$$. Hemp was also used to make all paper goods, canvas material, clothing, the strongest ship ropes, and even the first american flag was made from hemp.

If we made paper from hemp, we would save millions of trees yearly. Not only would we help the forests in this manner, but the use of land space and water. The USDA reported in 1916 that an acre of hemp produced as much paper as four acres of trees annually, yet 70% of American forest have been destroyed since 1916. Hemp paper products do not need to be bleached white with Earth damaging chemicals as do paper products made from tree pulp. And on top off all this, hemp paper is stronger, last longer, and can be recycled 8-10 times, vs. paper products which can only be recycled 3-4 times.

The benefits are endless, the use of hemp could save the planet. If you do the research of finding the true reasons why hemp became illegal, you will be angered. It goes back to $$ and greed. The fact that people use it as a recreational drug was just an excuse to ban it from production via "Reefer Madness" (the most blasphemous video filled with incorrect information to change the average person views on marijuana). Its been illegal for over 100 years and it blows my mind that it has not been overturned, it really shows where our politicians heads are... UP THEIR ASS.

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

Cannabis has not been illegal for 100 years . The Marijuana Tax Act was in the 1930's, that's point one. Point two , lets move this thread to Smokers Lounge where it belongs. Peace

Meowzor

Meowzor

I read everyones posts and its good info, Thank you for your time typing lol. It did not go to waste. I agree with what you guys are saying.
My cents is that marijuana is illegal because it is too easy for the average joe to grow his own. Unlike tobakky or booze, Booze mind you is kinda simple but u can go to the store and buy all kinds and thats taxed. They could not tax average hill billy bob joe with OVER 9000 plants.
There are so many pro's and con's its crazy. The whole world is crazy. Just sitting back and smoking one is the best thing, thinking about the world we live in, Its all a power trip guys. Basically were slaves. Any where you live. Not only the US. Its a one world army. And that army is Ceaser..
Tho i would think if mary jane was legal than marlboro or camel or new port would be making MJ Cigs... Like Marlboro Janes, or Camel Afghans, or New Port Grapes... you know and tax the hell out of it. makes it expensive like booze and cigs. or better yet sell it in the grocery store like an herb, in vacum smell proof bags, idk.. sheeeeeet sonnnn lol

Good work guys, on everything. We are winning over the system.
Thanks to MJ i do not go out drinking or drink alchy at all for that matter.
And i have been at a point in my life where i drank a 5th of vodka a day months in a row. and i learned . i figure that makes me aware and smart as i can solve and identify problems.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I read everyones posts and its good info, Thank you for your time typing lol. It did not go to waste. I agree with what you guys are saying.
My cents is that marijuana is illegal because it is too easy for the average joe to grow his own. Unlike tobakky or booze, Booze mind you is kinda simple but u can go to the store and buy all kinds and thats taxed. They could not tax average hill billy bob joe with OVER 9000 plants.
There are so many pro's and con's its crazy. The whole world is crazy. Just sitting back and smoking one is the best thing, thinking about the world we live in, Its all a power trip guys. Basically were slaves. Any where you live. Not only the US. Its a one world army. And that army is Ceaser..
Tho i would think if mary jane was legal than marlboro or camel or new port would be making MJ Cigs... Like Marlboro Janes, or Camel Afghans, or New Port Grapes... you know and tax the hell out of it. makes it expensive like booze and cigs. or better yet sell it in the grocery store like an herb, in vacum smell proof bags, idk.. sheeeeeet sonnnn lol

Good work guys, on everything. We are winning over the system.
Thanks to MJ i do not go out drinking or drink alchy at all for that matter.
And i have been at a point in my life where i drank a 5th of vodka a day months in a row. and i learned . i figure that makes me aware and smart as i can solve and identify problems.

Ok, while you are on the right track, you are still a ways off base. It really is just as easy to make your own alcohol, or grow your own tobacco, in fact its growing a plant, just like growing Cannabis. Also think of the thousands of people across this country who brew their own beer at home. It is not illegal or all that hard to do, however making moonshine is illegal. Why? Because the government cannot tax the moonshine (the authorities will claim it is because they cannot ensure the quality of the moonshine, BS). Since they cannot tax the moonshine coming out of the stills in the hills, they want to shut those operations down.

There are actually plenty of people who grow their own tobacco, it really just isn't all that popular or even talked about. But there are plenty of people doing it. However very few of those people are trying to sell their tobacco, and there is a very limited market for black market tobacco products.

Phillip Morris has actually had patents on the names for pre-packed joints for quite some time now, I believe since the 90's. One of the names for their pre-packed joints is Marley's. The tobacco industry has been preparing for the legalization of Cannabis for decades now, yet they are still one of the biggest proponents of keeping Cannabis illegal. They know they will not be in any position to make money off of Cannabis and therefore lobby to keep it illegal.

not to mention the benefits of an alternative fuel source. not only was the first car constructed with the majority of hemp bi-products, but it was designed to run on hemp seed oil by Henry Ford himself. If we used hemp seed oil to replace all fossil fuels, those big major oil companies would lose millions$$$. Hemp was also used to make all paper goods, canvas material, clothing, the strongest ship ropes, and even the first american flag was made from hemp.

If we made paper from hemp, we would save millions of trees yearly. Not only would we help the forests in this manner, but the use of land space and water. The USDA reported in 1916 that an acre of hemp produced as much paper as four acres of trees annually, yet 70% of American forest have been destroyed since 1916. Hemp paper products do not need to be bleached white with Earth damaging chemicals as do paper products made from tree pulp. And on top off all this, hemp paper is stronger, last longer, and can be recycled 8-10 times, vs. paper products which can only be recycled 3-4 times.

The benefits are endless, the use of hemp could save the planet. If you do the research of finding the true reasons why hemp became illegal, you will be angered. It goes back to $$ and greed. The fact that people use it as a recreational drug was just an excuse to ban it from production via "Reefer Madness" (the most blasphemous video filled with incorrect information to change the average person views on marijuana). Its been illegal for over 100 years and it blows my mind that it has not been overturned, it really shows where our politicians heads are... UP THEIR ASS.

Hydro, you too are so damn close to having your facts straight. I will start with the cars. Henry Ford absolutely did build a car that was made of mostly hemp based materials, however it was far from the "first car". The hemp car was his prototype for mass produced vehicles. In fact the engine he put in the vehicle was meant to run off of diesel, made from hemp oil, not unlike the bio-diesel many of us talk about today. Ford actually had hectares of hemp fields in preparation for his mass production of cars. He would provide the cars and the fuel they ran on, a real money making idea.

You are correct that rope, canvas and many other products were made from hemp. So much so that in WWI in America the term "victory garden" was meant to describe hemp producing gardens. The hemp your average citizen grew could be donated to the government to make more materials for the soldiers overseas. But remember WWI started in 1914 and ended in 1918, all less than 100 years ago. So Cannabis was not only not illegal 100 years ago, the US government was actually asking people to grow it only 96 years ago.

Dr. Sticker had it correct it was not until 1937 that the Marihuana Tax Act was enacted. However this still did not make Cannabis illegal. It actually placed a prohibitive tax on the sale of Cannabis. There was also a catch 22 involved in the act, you could not produce Cannabis without the approval of the government, you could not get the approval needed without providing a sample of the Cannabis you were growing. But if you could not grow the plant without the approval and brought a sample in for approvals you could be arrested. However this act was repealed in 1969 (Leary v. United States). However in 1961 was the Convention on Narcotics which created a treaty to prohibit the use of narcotics except under the direct supervision of a licensed person (a doctor). The law that officially made Cannabis illegal in the United States was the Controlled Substances Act of 1970.

Ok, enough of the history lesson.

While the money is a huge reason to keep Cannabis illegal, government economists have repeatedly stated that the control and legalization of Cannabis would only create revenue, not be a burden on the economy. So our government (not big conglomerates) does have monetary reasons to legalize Cannabis. However if they were to legalize Cannabis now they would have to admit they were lying to the American public for decades about the dangers and repercussions of Cannabis use. If this lie were to be acknowledged by our government citizens will demand the truth about many of the other lies they have perpetuated. This is not something the US government wants to have happen, mostly because the citizens have lost much faith in the government, a total collapse in faith would likely mean a collapse of the governing system that is in place, a system many people are taking advantage of.

Bannacis

Bannacis

plus alcohol makes people stupid drunk or physically and mentally depressed/oppressed.
Where as smoking mother green makes the masses think and question authority.
The Government does not want that either.
It is also The Best Medicine/recreation/mental stimulation/relaxational substance on earth.
And the Government does not want us to have any of that.
They cant control the stoners of the world...

ArtofHydro

ArtofHydro

Hydro, you too are so damn close to having your facts straight. I will start with the cars. Henry Ford absolutely did build a car that was made of mostly hemp based materials, however it was far from the "first car". The hemp car was his prototype for mass produced vehicles. In fact the engine he put in the vehicle was meant to run off of diesel, made from hemp oil, not unlike the bio-diesel many of us talk about today. Ford actually had hectares of hemp fields in preparation for his mass production of cars. He would provide the cars and the fuel they ran on, a real money making idea.

haha ya, honestly i was off on a bit, that was more of a "light it up and rant" post... i usually dont post much except some helpful tips here and there, but as they say, when in Rome, or should i say Greece? thanks for the corrections, sorry for the misconceptions!

nuttso

nuttso

Yeah and some poeple don't believe in conspiracy theories. If MJ ain't conspiracy, I don't know.-

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

haha ya, honestly i was off on a bit, that was more of a "light it up and rant" post... i usually dont post much except some helpful tips here and there, but as they say, when in Rome, or should i say Greece? thanks for the corrections, sorry for the misconceptions!

Its all good, just an honest mistake. Stay lit up.

Star

Star

every one that i know votes against it because they make there living of the crop amd dont want the value to go down

ttystikk

ttystikk

every one that i know votes against it because they make there living of the crop amd dont want the value to go down

Proof positive that stupid ideas are not limited to those who don't smoke pot.

I voted for it BECAUSE IT'S A GOOD IDEA. Today, my decision has been vindicated- again- by the UN, who is asking the US govt'y to crack down on WA and CO for legalizing pot and 'sending a bad message'. Yeah, they'd hate to see REAL democracy break out and have the people actually get what they want for a change, huh?!

Latest posts

Top Bottom