Why is the weed genetics worse in Jamaica compared to North America

• Thread starter Pirat3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pirat3

Pirat3

I’m from a Jamaican family in NA and recently a bunch of my family went back to Jamaica. They have only said negative things about the quality of the weed. They complain mainly about the genetics being inferior, bad quads that are expensive. The best weed there is apparently from epican.

My main question is how is it possible, how did Jamaica fall behind other islands like Hawaii. They should be working with most of the same genetics, even tho they can’t legally import seeds because island ecosystem laws.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Oh man so many reasons could be behind this.. I don't wanna piss anyone off or make sterotypes so i'll just say shit happens and sometimes people think everything irie man ;)

mantistoboggan

mantistoboggan

Haha, seems like a common misconception. There is some of the finest cannabis genetics in the world in Jamaica, they must not know the right people :) Good genetics are usually guarded for good reason, and not just handed out to people that are asking for it. I've always found my favorite strains and genetics in my collections have been gifts from my hospitality to people over the years.

My theory with NA weed being so strong, is that the goal of growing in NA since the late 70's has been to create the shortest, fastest blooming, most resinous plant possible. Mostly intended for indoor growth in urban areas. In other places around the world, outdoor growth of cannabis is more "acceptable" so more inbreeding, and stress related herming is created accidentally, in turn carrying poor genetic traits down the line, but refining others.

Top Bottom