Why is there yellowing between veins of my leaves?

• Thread starter FuqStik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phoenix3810

Phoenix3810

Could be a nutrient lock out, or a nutrient deficiency. What is your environment like? RH and temperature? what are you growing in? where is your water sourced from? What nutrients are you using ? what is your ppms? What is the Ph of the root zone/nutrient solution? How old is the plant ? is this starting at the bottom and working its way up the plant? or is it happening on new growth?

FuqStik

FuqStik

Could be a nutrient lock out, or a nutrient deficiency. What is your environment like? RH and temperature? what are you growing in? where is your water sourced from? What nutrients are you using ? what is your ppms? What is the Ph of the root zone/nutrient solution? How old is the plant ? is this starting at the bottom and working its way up the plant? or is it happening on new growth?
72-80 temp in tent 4x4
Rh 55-65%
Tap water - 70ppm 7.2 ph
GH trio, CaliMagic, armor Si, diamond Nectar, southern ag
21 days old

Started on the older leaves and is now wilting new growth. I just FIMd 4 days ago.

Res temps 73-77 but using bennies.

Straits

Straits

Do you have a microscope, check out the underside of the leaves, could be spidermites, although it seems a litlle off, but just to be sure. if it is you know right away, there will be a lot of action and several stades from eggs(sferic) up to adult.

FuqStik

FuqStik

Do you have a microscope, check out the underside of the leaves, could be spidermites, although it seems a litlle off, but just to be sure. if it is you know right away, there will be a lot of action and several stades from eggs(sferic) up to adult.
I'm in hydro. I can still get spidermites?

Phoenix3810

Phoenix3810

you can still get spider mites, just make sure your clothes and yourself are clean before you enter your grow room. Don't go out in a field and play frizby golf, and then go to your grow room. I don't think it's spider mites. You usually see a lot more spotting than that, and very small. It almost looks like a magnesium deficiency or lock out, but i am not positive. How many ppms is cal mag?

FuqStik

FuqStik

you can still get spider mites, just make sure your clothes and yourself are clean before you enter your grow room. Don't go out in a field and play frizby golf, and then go to your grow room. I don't think it's spider mites. You usually see a lot more spotting than that, and very small. It almost looks like a magnesium deficiency or lock out, but i am not positive. How many ppms is cal mag?
The ppms are excessively high with CaliMagic... It's like 250ppm for 5ml / gallon

Phoenix3810

Phoenix3810

The ppms are excessively high with CaliMagic... It's like 250ppm for 5ml / gallon

First make sure you use 1/4 to 1/2 strength nutes at first until you know how hungry she is. How often do you change your water? Do you check your ppms to see if it's eating, does your water level drop or stay the same? Do the ppms decrease after a few days, increase, or stay the same? And do your roots look ok? not brown, smelly, slimy ?

Use less cal mag, that may be causing a nutrient lock out, sounds like too much to me. Mix your water and cal mag to a total of 100ppm -150ppm. (Assuming you are using the 500 hannah scale.) If your starting water is at 70ppm add 50ppm-100ppm of cal mag. I would say start with 50ppm. so you should read at 120 ppm before you start mixing your other nutrients. I would raise your ph to a range of 6.0-6.5. That is where magnesium and calcium are most available in hydro. Try this and watch and see if it continues or stops. Let me know! I hope it isn't too late. Not sure what the rest of the plant looks like.

Last edited:
FuqStik

FuqStik

OH! lower that to like 100ppm, that may be causing a nutrient lock out, mix your water and cal mag to a total of 100ppm-150ppm. (Assuming you are using the 500 hannah scale.) If your starting water is at 70ppm add 50ppm-100ppm of cal mag. I would say start with 50ppm. so you should read at 120 ppm before you start mixing your other nutrients. I would raise your ph to a range of 6.0-6.5. try this and watch and see if it continues or stops. Let me know! I hope it isn't too late. Not sure what the rest of the plant looks like.
Going to do that right now!

FuqStik

FuqStik

First make sure you use 1/4 to 1/2 strength nutes at first until you know how hungry she is. How often do you change your water? Do you check your ppms to see if it's eating, does your water level drop or stay the same? Do the ppms decrease after a few days, increase, or stay the same? And do your roots look ok? not brown, smelly, slimy ?

Use less cal mag, that may be causing a nutrient lock out, sounds like too much to me. Mix your water and cal mag to a total of 100ppm -150ppm. (Assuming you are using the 500 hannah scale.) If your starting water is at 70ppm add 50ppm-100ppm of cal mag. I would say start with 50ppm. so you should read at 120 ppm before you start mixing your other nutrients. I would raise your ph to a range of 6.0-6.5. That is where magnesium and calcium are most available in hydro. Try this and watch and see if it continues or stops. Let me know! I hope it isn't too late. Not sure what the rest of the plant looks like.
They were looking just fine until I increased ppm after FIMing. Roots don't stink, were just fine. Granted they were in an aerocloner and some of the sprayers clogged up not providing much oxygen.

Phoenix3810

Phoenix3810

They were looking just fine until I increased ppm after FIMing. Roots don't stink, were just fine. Granted they were in an aerocloner and some of the sprayers clogged up not providing much oxygen.
Fimming stresses the plant, increasing food would be more harmful then good at that immediate point and time. Back everything down to 1/4 to 1/2 strength, Probably 1/4 strength if it's only 21 days old. Check your ppms in your reservoir daily and monitor if the ppms drop or stay the same. They should drop. Watch your water level as well, it should also drop. She should be eating and drinking. If it is not doing both, something is wrong. If you have a 5 gallon tank, a few days later it should be missing maybe a gallon or so of water, depending on your root mass and plant size. If you started with total ppms of 400 ppm, the reservoir should have less than 400 ppm in it along with the missing gallon or so.

FuqStik

FuqStik

Fimming stresses the plant, increasing food would be more harmful then good at that immediate point and time. Back everything down to 1/4 to 1/2 strength, Probably 1/4 strength if it's only 21 days old. Check your ppms in your reservoir daily and monitor if the ppms drop or stay the same. They should drop. Watch your water level as well, it should also drop. She should be eating and drinking. If it is not doing both, something is wrong. If you have a 5 gallon tank, a few days later it should be missing maybe a gallon or so of water, depending on your root mass and plant size. If you started with total ppms of 400 ppm, the reservoir should have less than 400 ppm in it along with the missing gallon or so.
So what if she isn't drinking then? But ppms are going down? Granted it has been aero for the last few weeks with about 2 gallons of water. Hard to see if she's drinking or not since timers. Sprayers clogged so I put a large airstone in there today. Transferring them to the 4 site rdwc tomorrow - 40 gallons with a res outside the tent, but kind of afraid with couple of them not doing well.

Phoenix3810

Phoenix3810

So what if she isn't drinking then? But ppms are going down? Granted it has been aero for the last few weeks with about 2 gallons of water. Hard to see if she's drinking or not since timers. Sprayers clogged so I put a large airstone in there today. Transferring them to the 4 site rdwc tomorrow - 40 gallons with a res outside the tent, but kind of afraid with couple of them not doing well.
It woud be odd if it was eating and not drinking. The only scenario I can think of where that might happen is if it is too humid in the grow environment. in Veg you should be about 55% 65% tops, flower 45%-55%

FuqStik

FuqStik

It woud be odd if it was eating and not drinking. The only scenario I can think of where that might happen is if it is too humid in the grow environment. in Veg you should be about 55% 65% tops, flower 45%-55%
She was drinking just not a gallon every few days, probably due to being in aero. But she's now with an airstone.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

them mother fuckers come out of no wear, you go out your house you stand a chance of getting spider mites ? you have animals that go in and out the house? you open a bag of promix or any type of soil, were do they come from? did you get clones from somebody? did somebody walk through there vegetable garden and come into your house? you can get spider mites in hydro. there every wear ! they haunt, me its one of my worst nightmares. azamax if it is spider mites. look under leaves and for webs. microscopic.

FuqStik

FuqStik

them mother fuckers come out of no wear, you go out your house you stand a chance of getting spider mites ? you have animals that go in and out the house? you open a bag of promix or any type of soil, were do they come from? did you get clones from somebody? did somebody walk through there vegetable garden and come into your house? you can get spider mites in hydro. there every wear ! they haunt, me its one of my worst nightmares. azamax if it is spider mites. look under leaves and for webs. microscopic.
No soil. No clones, seeds.

If I do have them, should I use neem Oil?

Phoenix3810

Phoenix3810

No soil. No clones, seeds.

If I do have them, should I use neem Oil?
it's most likely not mites, that did not resemble mites to me in the slightest. you said you were using beneficials, are you feeding them anything ? they need food to survive also, mainly sugars. if you don't feed them, I would re add beneficial bacteria every 4 days or so.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom