Why isn't my plant showing signs of nutrient deficiency at day 17 of flush?

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I flushed my plant on October 19th by running 10+ gallons through my soil (it's a 5 gallon pot.) I checked the ppm of the runoff after each gallon and I got it down to 300 which from what I read I thought was enough. I watered with tap water since and each time the ppm of it was somewhere between 90-150 but somehow by October 23, the ppm of the runoff was up to 710. Then I think the day after or maybe 2 or 3 days later, I ran another 10+ gallons through it and got the ppm down to 200. Since then, the runoff has risen to 300 but I read that that was definitely low enough but still no signs of deficiency. The leaves are the exact same color. It turns out I flushed far too early so this is kind of a good thing but now there's around 2 weeks left so I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong.

Any help/tips would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Ndana

Ndana

I flushed my plant on October 19th by running 10+ gallons through my soil (it's a 5 gallon pot.) I checked the ppm of the runoff after each gallon and I got it down to 300 which from what I read I thought was enough. I watered with tap water since and each time the ppm of it was somewhere between 90-150 but somehow by October 23, the ppm of the runoff was up to 710. Then I think the day after or maybe 2 or 3 days later, I ran another 10+ gallons through it and got the ppm down to 200. Since then, the runoff has risen to 300 but I read that that was definitely low enough but still no signs of deficiency. The leaves are the exact same color. It turns out I flushed far too early so this is kind of a good thing but now there's around 2 weeks left so I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
It sounds like maybe you were feeding them too much during flower. Did you check runoff during the grow?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
It sounds like maybe you were feeding them too much during flower. Did you check runoff during the grow?
I only got my ppm meter just before I flushed so no. By the end of flower, I was watering every couple days with 1 gallon of tap water, 10.5 ml of flora bloom,7ml of flora micro, 3.5ml of flora grow and 7ml of molasses each watering and the plants seemed to like it.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I just watered and the runoff was 250ppm, is that good enough?

Cracken

Cracken

Any help/tips would be much appreciated. Thanks.
any pics to show of the plant. have you checked your tap water before it enters the pot? you also need to know for sure that your ppm meter is working correctly.(it was a new purchase so possibly defective) have you checked it in clean water.
one thing that is a big variable is the type of nutes you are running and how have you have been feeding thru the grow. this is why pics are important, to judge how your plant looks. burnt tips, curled leaves, etc.
personally I am an outdoor grower, (just starting back inside) but for plants in pots I always use a flushing agent to help strip the soil. 2 weeks before finish I use GH florakleen, for the rest of the week I only use clear PH'ed water as the plant gets dry. For the last week I repeat the same but, on the last three days I will not give any water and the final 48 hours the plants are in complete darkness. I am sure others will chime in and give their advice also. no two growers follow the exact same regiment.
final thing to remember, your plant will tell you if she is done. outdoor crops can stay green until the day of harvest, but different strains act differently so many variables.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
The tap water is 90-150 depending on the temp because hot water is higher. I checked my meter with distilled water and it said 0ppm. There are pics on my profile, A few have slightly burnt tips but overall it's pretty good.

I guess it's too late now but do you suggest the florakleen for next time?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I know the whole flushing or not thing is divided into two camps, some swear by it and others say it doesn't matter, but 17 days of flushing sounds a bit excessive I think.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I know the whole flushing or not thing is divided into two camps, some swear by it and others say it doesn't matter, but 17 days of flushing sounds a bit excessive I think.
I messed up and I did it way too early.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
any pics to show of the plant. have you checked your tap water before it enters the pot? you also need to know for sure that your ppm meter is working correctly.(it was a new purchase so possibly defective) have you checked it in clean water.
one thing that is a big variable is the type of nutes you are running and how have you have been feeding thru the grow. this is why pics are important, to judge how your plant looks. burnt tips, curled leaves, etc.
personally I am an outdoor grower, (just starting back inside) but for plants in pots I always use a flushing agent to help strip the soil. 2 weeks before finish I use GH florakleen, for the rest of the week I only use clear PH'ed water as the plant gets dry. For the last week I repeat the same but, on the last three days I will not give any water and the final 48 hours the plants are in complete darkness. I am sure others will chime in and give their advice also. no two growers follow the exact same regiment.
final thing to remember, your plant will tell you if she is done. outdoor crops can stay green until the day of harvest, but different strains act differently so many variables.
You say that you use florakleen 2 weeks before harvest but the bottle says to use it 2 days before. I'm less than 2 weeks from harvest now and I'm thinking about getting some, do you think it's too late or should I do it?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Ok so now I'm on day 25 of flush and still no signs of deficiencies in fact, I think there is slight nitrogen toxicity. I honestly have no idea what is going on. For my last couple waterings, I've been using distilled water which tested at 0ppm and the run off is around 80 and still nothing showing on the plant. From what I've looked into these flushing agents are bs. All through my last grow I had tons of deficiencies and this grow I had none and for the life of me, I can't even force one over the course of 25 days.

Top Bottom