Why my plants stem small towards the bottom?

• Thread starter JaymzD91
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JaymzD91

JaymzD91

So I'm a first time grower. I'm not doing anything special. Starting with baggie seeds. If I can get these grown I can grow other stuff, my problem is the top of the plant looks normal. But the bottom stem looks small in proportion to the rest of the plant. My lady and I think it might be cause by the fan always blowing up but that sounds out there Haha any help or advice would be appreciated.

-Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Usually grows out of that stage within about a month. Is the plant around that age? If not then it could be a potassium issue but I would be doubtful.

JaymzD91

JaymzD91

This is what it looks like. I start this seed on the 15th of May.

20210603 075304
JaymzD91

JaymzD91

Usually grows out of that stage within about a month. Is the plant around that age? If not then it could be a potassium issue but I would be doubtful.

It's been about 3 weeks. I haven't added anything other than blood meal and fish fertilizer when I water her

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Nothing special, but that makes sense, I have a lamp on top but nothing on the bottom.
You're gonna need more than what looks like a T8 if you want a harvest that is at least worth the cost of electricity to produce it. Amazon has some cheap LEDs that can get you started and will lead to much happier results.

mancorn

mancorn

Nothing to worry about. I see the same outdoors where the stalk between the 2nd and 3rd node (and 3rd and 4th) get a lot fatter then the stem up to the first node. The bottom will catch up in time and end up as the fattest part of the stalk.

JaymzD91

JaymzD91

You're gonna need more than what looks like a T8 if you want a harvest that is at least worth the cost of electricity to produce it. Amazon has some cheap LEDs that can get you started and will lead to much happier results.
What I bought was clamp lamp and growing light bulb from Walmart(work with what you got), I do need to get better lights.

JaymzD91

JaymzD91

Nothing to worry about. I see the same outdoors where the stalk between the 2nd and 3rd node (and 3rd and 4th) get a lot fatter then the stem up to the first node. The bottom will catch up in time and end up as the fattest part of

JaymzD91

JaymzD91

Wonder why that is, but I now have something to read into. Just looked a little off to me.

Top Bottom