why not try conventional gardening?

• Thread starter oldskol4evr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

so like the headline says,conventional gardening.
not organic -not chemical-sometimes both hhahah,so that said anyone amending there outdoor soil for the spring?
right now would be a great time to dig holes and get you a mix going ,numerous blends and next best thing,what works for you?
ive got the garden covered with old alfalfa the deer didnt eat this month,the chomp and shit,i shovel and talk shit hahahah,but it covered,went in yesterday covered it with a thin layer of soil ,get it composting.
first idea is to wait about 2 weeks were it all lays really flat,then come in and put clear plastic over the whole 25x16ft spot or bed,when the humidity and heat bare down on it making some of the best damn weeds you ever seen.
off comes the clear and replaced with black plastic for the kill,kills them damn weeds down to the nut of the roots. a plus is also the worms that are attracted by the lack of light,the cool moist soil get them getting on if you dig.
this is also a great plan for the cannibis grower,dig that hole about 3 ft deep and 4ft around,lasagna layer compost/ cardboard or browns or both/greens any will do,then repeat.
feed that stuff a bit of bacteria and keep the hole pile replenished when them worms be doing there home work.
cover it with carpet or something that keep the light out dont forget them leaves,let the worms turn that dirt even in winter you can keep um working,take a little work ,but hey it can be done.
myself im trying steve solomon's recipe this coming season,water only /// we will see about that.
now i have run another company amend mix and it was a water only worked great too,got 3 runs of medicine in 5 gallon buckets out of it.
but along with getting the word out the high cost of living rained down on my parade hahahah i mean they jacked the price up by double,so much for spreading the word right.
so steves mix
organic soybean meal
feather meal
fish meal
soft rock phosphate
kelp meal
ag lime
gypsum
borax
zinc sulfate
manganese sulfate
copper sulfate

now the price for 10lb bag 35 bucks
all of you that know me already know my cheap ass tried to buy all the stuff to make mass amount of this mix and save money,shit boys and girls these jokers seen me coming hahaah any way cheaper to buy there kits,dont even look at 50 lb bag of this stuff,kiss organic has a good price on bag of stuff,then you hiy shipping ,ole lord the shipping cost more than the bag of mix hahahah.
anyway im tryit out ,i told them i would so the top container garden has all been amended ,im thinking about bottom garden,justr thinking right now hahah.
im serious about one thing ,if you really love making soil and trying new stuff,BUY A CONCRETE MIXER every damn year i say im rent one from home depot,but that dream of spring gardening beats me every time,i get out there shovelin hand and get me some,STONED OF COURSE real stoned hahaha
so what is you all plan

chemistry

chemistry

Not may folk build soils up for the Winter any more, they tend to buy humus and dig it in come Spring. I used to have a big veg garden, composted every thing that would rot down, even my old front door mat went in the compost, two years later it was gone. lol Worms love leaves you can see them pulling the leaves down their burrows, stick some pics up. 👍

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

br
Not may folk build soils up for the Winter any more, they tend to buy humus and dig it in come Spring. I used to have a big veg garden, composted every thing that would rot down, even my old front door mat went in the compost, two years later it was gone. lol Worms love leaves you can see them pulling the leaves down their burrows, stick some pics up. 👍
bro at my age and condition of life ,the garden is out standing to me,soon as the first cool wind hit the nuts ,time to make soil hahahah,ive reworked all the containers on top garden with the steve mix,give it a try id thought,you know a few years ago i did a mix for kelp4less,there soil cutter starter kit,stuff was outstanding no joke it was a true water only mix,did the testing for them gave grand reviews of product,more than that i truly really liked it,so grew with it for oh 3 years i guess,next thing i know they doubled the price of it,that same stuff is 100 bucks for around 15 lbs of it now,minerals didnt grow super cells and miners didnt get a raise,so why the extreme price kick.
so i asked them about it,hell they took away my 15%discount and all,so i dont recomend there products no more hahaha,i like build a soil but i just cant get over there policy of shipping,every damn product cost seperate ship charge,kiss organic has great stuff but not as much as the other 2 so damned if you do and damned if you dont haahh.
same with uncle jim as soon as cannabis went legal in about half the states,worm shit went threw the roof,damn commy bastards hahahah

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Pile 10k gal locally sourced goat manure(no antibiotics or anything at all beyond organic feed) dump five thriving worm bins into it, mix in a few hundred pounds of 'falfa, malted barley, and some kelp, look into truck loads of fruit n veg to feed them. Thinkin off season pumpkins. Pile three ft high line bed with plastic and feed thru out the winter, even considering cooking high volumes of grains for em'. Mix with old dirt and coco ordered wholesale(12yd pallets for 600 at the container price) and my manure x worm casts leaving all worms!!! coco and old dirt with amendments then drop the worm casts x manure and lightly mix in. Line those 600s up!!!!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Pile 10k gal locally sourced goat manure(no antibiotics or anything at all beyond organic feed) dump five thriving worm bins into it, mix in a few hundred pounds of 'falfa, malted barley, and some kelp, look into truck loads of fruit n veg to feed them. Thinkin off season pumpkins. Pile three ft high line bed with plastic and feed thru out the winter, even considering cooking high volumes of grains for em'. Mix with old dirt and coco ordered wholesale(12yd pallets for 600 at the container price) and my manure x worm casts leaving all worms!!! coco and old dirt with amendments then drop the worm casts x manure and lightly mix in. Line those 600s up!!!!
if i did that were i live,i would have all coons and possums for 20 miles lined up hahahah,i cant make enough bokashi to cover that smell hahahah.
sounds like a great plan if you have the spot to do it,might even be some bank of you played your cards right,look at uncle jims worm farm,it took many years to achieve but he is rolling in ewc shit now and doing well

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

well hell,seems like the coons love steve's mix,all them containers ,all 24 have been dug in this morning,aint that some thing,or it could be the porcupine i battled for 3 hours last night,did you all know porcupines climb trees for security?
they seem to love corn and alfalfa,both i feed the deer,after 4 years here now the pine he or she is a gruesome looking son bitch,dont want to kill it just want it gone,these dogs get hold of it ,ohh weee

chemistry

chemistry

Stun the big spikey critter with a spade, scoop him up into the trunk of your car a drop him off 50 miles away. 🙂

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Stun the big spikey critter with a spade, scoop him up into the trunk of your car a drop him off 50 miles away. 🙂
this bastard is as big as one my bulldogs,damn spines are around 8in long,im gonna try the trap tonight see what i catch,if they like alfalfa so much maybe the smell of some wet straw would work um into trap,im have to goggle more to see what he or she would prefer for tonight's dinner,hey being a proper waiter here hahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

see the issue here is it is 40 degrees outside,and this old redneck gets frezzing cold right about 70ish,so getting my lard ass up to put wire around my containers is another job at hand dont you know.
so it is 1/4 hardware cloth,if the shit gets past that,yep you guessed it time for a ninja night time hunt,old man gets on top of house and if old man gets on top of house ,the future of animal might be in question hhahaha

Latest posts

Top Bottom