Why some seeds pop like mad, and other strains struggle out of the gate.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I notice lots of things about genetics since I've started popping many seedlings, one thing I notice is how some strains are prolific out of the gate, while others sometime struggle.

I'm not talking about bad genetics either, mature seeds, powerful strains, just difficult to get started, seem to struggle out of the gate. But this particular strain has done this for several generations now, but it's such a wonderful strain, is there any hope of changing this, or is it simply the nature of the beast...

The first pic is purple haze, but it stuggles while all others jump out of the gate, any idea's why this happens?

Why some seeds pop like mad and other strains struggle out of the gate
Why some seeds pop like mad and other strains struggle out of the gate 2
Why some seeds pop like mad and other strains struggle out of the gate 3
Why some seeds pop like mad and other strains struggle out of the gate 4
chemistry

chemistry

I find Sativa doms take for ever, the Sticky Fingers I ran last time is a good example, while a good indica is up in two days.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I find Sativa doms take for ever, the Sticky Fingers I ran last time is a good example, while a good indica is up in two days.

I have the opposite experience. I keep finding indica leaners slow and sativa leaning hybrids fast and vigorous. But im sure its the breeders choices that determine this more than the strain.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Genetics are pretty mixed up these days, but it may be that the environment the some of the original land races are from had long dry seasons, so the seeds evolved with a thicker shell and coat, to preserve enough inner moisture to stay alive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom