Why tf is there a hole in my stalk? (First grow)

• Thread starter Idontsmokedareefa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer88

Farmer88

The spots look like Septia... a fungus from cool wet temps and high humidity. Cut them off (looks like rust drip stains.) cut em off, and stop watering w light on, and overwatering will promote ... from what I’ve read. The water drops w light act like a magnifying glass when lights are on

Do you mean Septoria? Would be highly unlikely in an indoor operaation. However if you are in an area where the fungus is prevelant on trees or plants, most likely trees, then you may have spore on your shoes or clothes. Even that is rather improbable unless you are coming in direct contact with these palnts or downwind within like thirty yards. That being said it's good standard practice to change into clean clothes when coming inside to work in your controlled environment. If you can find a cheap set of coveralls with long sleves, change into it to work in your grow space. You can also leave a small plastic tray of light hydrogen peroxide to step in to destory spores mold and bacteria on your footwear.

PlantofLongLife

PlantofLongLife

Hey I’m in London the UK, I have been looking up borers in the UK and I’m not sure if its the same variety or a European type we have here. There isn’t much info available online for UK growers and pest that I can find.

I’m trying to work out the exact life cycle. As it’s May, so late spring time. Which according to the American borer life cycle would suggest that it’s perfect time for moths to get inside my house and I defo see a small moth flying around the other day. The borer moth u speak of apparently is very small, wingspan approx 1.5mm. So it might have been that. :(

Now I’m trying to work out from the life cyle does that mean the moth itself has bored its way into the stalk or does this mean the moth has laid eggs somewhere like on the leaves and the worm things have already bored their way into the stalk?

Bit confused on how these buggers operate
Yeah, it probably laid eggs. The larva will make themselves visible when they start munching on leaves, or when you hang your plants they’ll make little strings and climb down. I had this happen to a plant I had getting sun outside these past months. First time for me. I found the mother burrowed in a bud still alive when I was trimming. Gross.

Top Bottom