Why Would HP Aero Require A Chiller?

• Thread starter Bobby Smith
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bobby Smith

Anyone know? I mean, if you're running an accumulator setup, the water leaves your reservoir, and gets delivered to your plants an hour or two later, at which point it has reached (damn near) room temperature..........so why the chiller?

There's so much DO available to the roots at all times that anaerobic bacteria would have a bitch of a time multiplying and the roots wouldn't need the water to be cooler to hold more DO............so is the chiller just to keep the reservoir clean (if running recirculating)?

Random ass question, I know, but would love anyone's input who's run HP either with or without a chiller and why............I have two chillers I'm not currently using, but would love to keep them on the shelf if I don't need them.

I guess I should specify - currently planning on doing recirculating, but am also easily able to change to a drain to waste setup (and might do that, I change my mind a LOT).

G

gudkarma

i like the idea of keeping the rez at the proper temp... but agree it's a TOTAL waste when you're using an accumulator.

shelf... till proven to be necessary.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

What did you end up doing bobby? did you decide to use a chiller?

Latest posts

Top Bottom