WIFI done right? We will see...

• Thread starter OGONLY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGONLY

OGONLY

Alright, after some prodding from a few fellow farmers I decided to do a log on my WIFIs and Fire Aliens.

Scored the beans at NGC on May 8. Germed 3 beans of WIFI and 4 Fire Aliens. They all broke ground on May 10. Started flowering July 1. One of the Fire Aliens turned out to be male. So in my 4x4 I'm running 3 WIFI and 3 Fire Aliens. They are under a CAP XXXtreme 8" ducted hood with Quantum ballast and a 1000 watt Hortilux HPS bulb.

The only real issues I've had with these girls are they stretch like a mofo, and won't stop! Well, the Fire Alien #4 pheno did stop stretching. It was the super stud of them all in terms of vigor and also posessed quite a dank aroma in veg. It was so big and threatening to take up too much space I hit her with Phosphoload on day 5 of flower. That halted her right there.

But, the WIFIS are another story. They were big enough on day 12 of flower where I wanted them to stop virtical growth. Gave them 3 days of Phosphoload and it didn't stop em. They kept going up each day. Thought they had stopped a few days ago and was surprised to see when I went in last night one WIFI tops was touching the glass on the light. I've been using wire and yoyos to pull them away from the light. My light is all the way up already. Its all good though, I'll make em happy.

All in all I am super impressed with both strains. My room has smelled dank since day 10 of flower. Never had the smell come on so fast. Not only that but these plants are a sight to behold. The leaves are so big, and the buds (especially on certain plants) are bulking up quickly. I'm not running CO2 this summer due to the heat and because I run a CO2 generator. But very impressed with the bud girth at day 22 of flower.

The WIFIs are in 3 gallon root pots with Canna coco and 20% chunky perlite. The Fire Aliens are in 2 gallon root pots same media. Running GH 3 part minus the Grow (green liquid), along with B-52, Big Bud, Bud Candy, Overdrive, Hygrozyme, Drip Clean, and Protekt.

Wifi done right we will see
Wifi done right we will see 2
Wifi done right we will see 3
Wifi done right we will see 4
Wifi done right we will see 5
Wifi done right we will see 6
Wifi done right we will see 7
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
looking good

the wifis must like a lot of space and root space - when I did them in the UC they didnt strewth much at all - every other time they just want to go through the ceiling

super cropping the crap out of them early helps - you could super crop those mains and let them rest on the trellis - it has worked for me before

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Nice grow.. My WiFi #1 likes 2 stretch 2 I need 2 supercrop her & top & even LST juss 2 control her.. I'm thinkin' it's the Fire OG in them that makes them super stretch.. Juss what u ain't seen nuthin' yet juss wait till later when she really packs on the weight.. Great grow I've been wanting 2 see how those seeds from the ngc drop went.. I still got my 2 packs on ice waiting 2 get popped.. Thanks 4 starting this grow log I'll b watching 4sho.. Good luckLookin great so far

I

Indicas4me

These are regular seeds,not selfed with the male?Not bad at all going 6 for 7 females if so.Looking real good and cant wait to follow this thread along.

hiboy

hiboy

Glad to see your published journal, tired of driving over to check you out amigo
Yall listen up OGLONLY will rock this grow, so grab your notebook pad and a fat one,,, so lets get this party started.
Hows this heat treating u over there OG,
keeping it kewl?
h

OGONLY

OGONLY

Thanks for checkin in and the kind words my farmers. I'm really diggin these girls. just finished working on my teens. They needed a whacking to keep em in check. I took some pics of before and after for your viewing pleasure.

Yo Motherload, I can't figure out how to quote other posters questions more than one at a time. How do I do that? Regarding your thought about them likeing alot of space...hell yes they do! Take into consideration though that I veg for up to 7 weeks so they are decent size going in. I prefer to grow bigger plants in fewer numbers, usually 7 per 4x4. As far as supercropping, I feel like I would have to be very precise in order to get the tops top rest on the trellis. They are like over a foot above the trellis.

Makingoo, Indicas for me and Darth Fader, thanks for chiming in. Appreciate you comin along for theride on my first log. Rep to you all! Yah goo I'm looking forward to trying your daily driver smoke man. Never tried WIFI. Can't wait!

Hiboy Hiboy Highboy, thanks for the stop over my buddy. Don't see you much since your little ones arrived. Hope all is still well. The heat has been pretty mild lately knock on wood. I've been able to turn the a/c off at like 10 pm the last 3 nights. I just turn the supply fan and exhaust fan on like medium and the room tops off at 79 and is 73 when they go to bed at 6 am.

So the pics are pretty self explanitory. Took a bunch off of em. Cloned the tops on wifi 1, 2, and #3. Then you can see my nursury (not all goo goo like yours Hiboy lol) and the Guava 13s and White Dawgs in 1 gallon coco. The last pic is of the Guava and W.D. tops I chopped and cloned 6 days ago. No roots yet but very soon. Gonna sex em ASAP.

Teens 004
Teens 005
Teens 007
Teens 008
Teens 009
Teens 010
Teens 011
jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Looks awesome man keep up the good work..i will be following along for sure.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
the mulitqoute button is the "" next to the qoute button - just hit every post you want to qoute and then hit post reply

hiboy

hiboy

Varieties the spice of life, and you got all the flavas.......
Cant wait to see the wifi... soon to be up here also.
Your grow set up always inspires me,, probably y my veg room is rockin now at spot #2
h

Rushoe

Rushoe

Nice man white fire is one of the sickest strains around period. Puffing on some right now from outside it was placed outside to test out some maxibloom and did really good for a small tester plant next time I will put in a bigger pot it was in a one gallon of canna coco its way better indoor for sure lol...You are gonna like them for sure every pheno is a keeper I bet....And ummmm really quick not trying to put u on blast but those lights look really close to the buds or I'm I tripping? Anyways good luck with the grow I will be checking it out for sure.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Nice man white fire is one of the sickest strains around period. Puffing on some right now from outside it was placed outside to test out some maxibloom and did really good for a small tester plant next time I will put in a bigger pot it was in a one gallon of canna coco its way better indoor for sure lol...You are gonna like them for sure every pheno is a keeper I bet....And ummmm really quick not trying to put u on blast but those lights look really close to the buds or I'm I tripping? Anyways good luck with the grow I will be checking it out for sure.

Whasup Rushoe, ya there are a few tops that are really close to the light. I've been working on pulling them away usinig either yoyos or twist tie wire. Like I said on my opening post, lights are all the way up, and phospholoaded them when they were 24 inches from the light. They just keep going.

I've got plenty of experience growing close to the light lol. Seems one or 2 of my plants always wants to get burned. I realise there is no getting around having 2 or 3 of the tops getting a bit scorched on this grow. Its all good, usually just the very top couple inches gets fried. These hoods do a good job of cooling the heat off the lights.

Little update on the girls, first real sign of trichs were visable last night. The calyxes are still tiny but, we have trichs on day 23!!!

OGONLY

OGONLY

Day 24

I got into the room a minute or 2 later than I wanted to last night. Wanted to get some better shots but these are the only keepers before the light got too strong for decent shots.

I spent some time last night using twist tie wire to pull the tops that were too close to the light away from it. I think it will all work out. Alot of the undergrowth is really benefitting from the unfiltered light they are now receiving after having pulled the tops away from directly under the light.

Pic 1 is Fire Alien #4 (the one I phospholoaded day 5 of flower). Her nugs are the biggest, and they are stacking noticably daily.

Pic 2 is WIFI #1. She is White leaning I believe. I have high hopes for this one, its offspring is reaking right now in veg. The leaves are just huge, stems so thick and hard as cables. All of these plants sre on steroids I swear. OGR you d'man!

Pic 3 is a WIFI 1 again from the other side. Don't worry I pulled those tops away fron the light just after I took these shots. They keep going for the light them bitches!

Its hard to show the other plants because they are deep within and pics just don't show depth very well unless the light is just right.

Any photo tips anyone has would be appreciated. :banana1sv6:

7 24 11 002
7 24 11 003
7 24 11 006
Venom818

Venom818

everything looks nice bro ill tag along for this one .Ive never seen some plants so close to the light.How close have you successfully ran the plants without burning them.

hiboy

hiboy

Big buds coming up on pic one, nice!!
Better put some sunscreen on them tops.
So your not running c02 this round, any noticable differences this early in the sfv?
h

OGONLY

OGONLY

Thanks for cruising with me this run Venom. Well I've had plants with a few tops that were 8 inches or so from the actual bulb. The tops 3 inches or so burn, and the larger colas tend to get bud rot fairly often on those. I'm trying to pull each top at least 18 inches from the actual bulb. It still may be 4 inches below the glass in certain cases, but 18 inches from the bulb itself. These hoods do a great job cooling thankfully. There are tons of lower nugs that will be plenty perfect.

Hiboy, I normally don't start running CO2 until week 3 in flower. I guess that means I would have been running it for 1 week already if I was running it. To be honest, the bud size on the SFV is as big as normal for day 24. That is surprising since I'm not running CO2 and they are in soil. The plants themselves are half the size of the plants in coco, and will yield much less. My findings are that plants in coco are way more agressive and easier to keep happy. Interested to taste the soil bud though.

Rushoe

Rushoe

looks good bro with the light that close I would say the smaller buds will be much more happy for sure. How many K are u useing? I only see one in the pic but I know u have more right?I wanna check out the sfv do u have any pics on here?

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice lineup OGONLY! Pretty soon those girls are gonna be stacking calyxes and packing on the weight... :cool

Top Bottom