Will (4) SF-4000 create enough heat? Co2 in veg?

• Thread starter mikeross
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeross

mikeross

Hello all.... I have a dedicated veg space in the basement. It's a 18'x18' room and stays at an ambient temp of around 60-64 degrees all year long.

I want to run 3 or 4 SF-4000 lights over a 5'x16' table. Do you think these lights will get me into the mid to high 70's on their own or will I need to run a heater in this space? If I don't have to vent the room to maintain temps is it worth while to seal up the room and supplement co2?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello all.... I have a dedicated veg space in the basement. It's a 18'x18' room and stays at an ambient temp of around 60-64 degrees all year long.

I want to run 3 or 4 SF-4000 lights over a 5'x16' table. Do you think these lights will get me into the mid to high 70's on their own or will I need to run a heater in this space? If I don't have to vent the room to maintain temps is it worth while to seal up the room and supplement co2?
Basements typically have a high co2 ppm to start with. Not uncommon to see 1000-1200ppm in a basement. A lot will depend on how many ppl live in the house, how well the furnace, hot water tank and other appliances are vented. But IMO should be ok there but may want a co2 meter just to keep an eye on it. If it doesn't drop below 400ppm your good. If you seal it up then yes you will need to add co2.

In terms of the heat my concerns would be night temps as 60f is getting a bit to low for my liking anyhow. Day temls you will want higher under LED. aboit 80-83f i find depending on the strain. Some even higher. Remember ideal LEAF temps for photosynthesis for most cannabis is around 75-77f

Also would leave you with a huge day/night diff Of possible 20f or more and I cant say how much that would be of concern but it will increase internode length a fair bit which may or may not help or hurt you.

Something like this with a heater hooked up may be beneficial in helping you control temps without breaking the bank.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01486LZ50/ref=emc_b_5_mob_i

mikeross

mikeross

No doubt I'm going to have to run a heater @ lights off. I was just hoping these LED would generate enough heat that I don't have to run a heater 24/7... kinda defeats the purpose of going LED. I originally planned to run (3) Gavita DE over this space but figured I could save some amps going LED in veg.

I've been using Inkbird humidity stats for awhile. They work flawlessly and so cheap... similar products are literally 4 times the price.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No doubt I'm going to have to run a heater @ lights off. I was just hoping these LED would generate enough heat that I don't have to run a heater 24/7... kinda defeats the purpose of going LED. I originally planned to run (3) Gavita DE over this space but figured I could save some amps going LED in veg.

I've been using Inkbird humidity stats for awhile. They work flawlessly and so cheap... similar products are literally 4 times the price.
Hard to say of they will jump the temps enough. Will depend on how well insulated and what the circulation is as well as temps of the circulated air. Then whether its summer or winter and the climate you live in. Really hard to say.

What were you running before and what were your temos like?

mikeross

mikeross

Hard to say of they will jump the temps enough. Will depend on how well insulated and what the circulation is as well as temps of the circulated air. Then whether its summer or winter and the climate you live in. Really hard to say.

What were you running before and what were your temos like?

I'm in the process of setting up an entirely new setup in a new location. This space is a concrete bunker under the garage. It's literally concrete on all 6 sides with a door cored to gain access. 18'x18' room with 8'ceilings. It seems to stay in the low/mid 60's all year long.

I will have (2) sealed flowering rooms close to this bunker. I'm going to vent these rooms at lights off to help with any humidity spike and also bring in some fresh air every cycle just in case there are any combustion/ethylene issues with the co2 burners. I was originally going to vent them outdoors but I might just vent them into the veg room. That will increase humidity and temps... then just vent the veg room outside.

I'm waiting on my license which is going to be here sometime in December. I'm going to start the build out in a few weeks and plan to document it all.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm in the process of setting up an entirely new setup in a new location. This space is a concrete bunker under the garage. It's literally concrete on all 6 sides with a door cored to gain access. 18'x18' room with 8'ceilings. It seems to stay in the low/mid 60's all year long.

I will have (2) sealed flowering rooms close to this bunker. I'm going to vent these rooms at lights off to help with any humidity spike and also bring in some fresh air every cycle just in case there are any combustion/ethylene issues with the co2 burners. I was originally going to vent them outdoors but I might just vent them into the veg room. That will increase humidity and temps... then just vent the veg room outside.

I'm waiting on my license which is going to be here sometime in December. I'm going to start the build out in a few weeks and plan to document it all.
I mean ideally it would be insulated and controlled with equipment. But that can get very costly. If you have some lights even HID you may want to do a test run with them on to see. Either way if you go LED you will use less power for the lights but at the same time then may need to use some of that for heat.

The most cost effective way I think you will only find by trial and error but that can also be costly in losses.

If I had the money I would probably insulate and set it up with the necessary equipment but I dont think I can give advice here and feel confident about it. Just to many variables.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

What you could do (I can if I need to), if you have hvac vents in the basement, open them light off. This should give ya +5* above ambient.

I'm in a basement as well in my building. I'm also switching from 4x315 (all ac) to 2 or 3x gavita pro 1700e. I'll add a heater if need. But I can also just dump my 2x315 (all ac hoods) heat into my lung room.

mikeross

mikeross

I mean ideally it would be insulated and controlled with equipment. But that can get very costly. If you have some lights even HID you may want to do a test run with them on to see. Either way if you go LED you will use less power for the lights but at the same time then may need to use some of that for heat.

The most cost effective way I think you will only find by trial and error but that can also be costly in losses.

If I had the money I would probably insulate and set it up with the necessary equipment but I dont think I can give advice here and feel confident about it. Just to many variables.

Definitely going to be some trial and error... in the end I know its gonna get dialed in one way or another. I think LED's are the future and I want to start growing with them so gonna run them in this veg setup for sure. What every additional stuff I need to buy to support them so be it... you're right... at the end, i'm still saving power, even if running a heater on a state is required.

I don't know if concrete is a good insulator but I do know the temps stay steady all year long no matter what the outside temps are. We shall see how long the room can maintain temps when the lights go out.

Top Bottom