Will a chiller will help a bit with humidity?

• Thread starter spanky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
spanky

spanky

Will a chiller help a bit with humidity?

Hey fellas,
A couple questions,will a 1/2 hp eco water chiller help lowerthe humidity a bit as it runs air through a radiator and heat it a bit,so in theory it will dry it a bit right?.I may have to do this anyway because my chiller isn't going down past 70 deg. right now due to where its located next to the res in a room and heat is just circulating in there.And 68 deg is ideal right or 65 which is better?Even with a small exhaust,still to warm.I even have a fan on the chiller to help but still only 70 degrees.Just wanted to kill 2 birds with one stone.But I will also be running a 65 lg duhumidifier. in the room got 10, 18 gal. containers running 160 gal throught the system 5 ton ac and 12 thousand hps/ mh mix.2nd question in the dry room it gets a little warm and humid u guys think a 10,000 or 12,000 btu ac will help with the humidity?I know it will help with the heat.thanks in advance.:banana1sv6::bow

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

The chiller will actually increase your humidity if your room temp stays above your water temp. At night condinsation will form on your buckets if there is enough temperature differation between your ambient room temperature and nutrient solution temperature. The best way to avoid this is to try and keep your room temp and nutrient temps close to the same during lights off. During the day it isnt too big of a deal because your HID will normally burn off the excess RH.

spanky

spanky

thanks cat.i moved the chiller into the room well see how it goes,had to do it anyway do to chiller only going down to 70 deg.found a post by doubleds stating 62-64 is ideal,looked forever.and got 9000btu portable ac for dry room shit is cool.:bow

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Actually, test have shown that 68F is a better temp to shoot for.

spanky

spanky

Well he was saying to put the setting to in that 62-64 range because by the time the chilled water mixes with the rest of the water it will be about 1-3 degrees higher than what the chiller says and having it lower will give absalutly no issues with mold etc.I might just set it to 65 and check the temp seperately to make sure it is in the 66-68 range.thanks for the info though.

Top Bottom