Will a grow tent hold heat...

• Thread starter Domon8n30
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Domon8n30

Domon8n30

Hey guys how's it going I got a question to ask you guys my autos are outgoing my grow room so I was wondering do you guys know if the grow tents will hold heat cuz I bought a 5x5 tent and I was going to set it up in my shed outside in the back only thing is is it gets pretty cold outside so I was hoping that Kent would be able to hold the heat from the heater..

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Not outside, there’s no real insulation in a tent, it’s all reflective.

that’s my 0.2 but I could be completely wrong

freestatefarmer

freestatefarmer

The tent is in a shed? Heating the shed is very possible. I'd wanna be careful leaving a heater going all the time though.

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

I ran out of room too when my son unexpectedly came back home. I put a tent outside on a covered patio and ran a 4” duct with an inline fan from my laundry room to it. Nights got to 30f and the tent stayed 63-65, 5-7 degrees below the house temp.

jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
Hey guys how's it going I got a question to ask you guys my autos are outgoing my grow room so I was wondering do you guys know if the grow tents will hold heat cuz I bought a 5x5 tent and I was going to set it up in my shed outside in the back only thing is is it gets pretty cold outside so I was hoping that Kent would be able to hold the heat from the heater..
a good one will lke those lights get hot. 4yrs ago i grew in a tent with 2 600w led and 1 900w led in a 3x4 area if not for the hyper fan it would get hot as

Jestocost

Jestocost

Not outside. Without insulation, the lights may give you a 5-8 degree above ambient bump; but to work outside in those temps you'd need a warm air supply.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Im using one very small space heater in mine.Got the temp stable at 78 degrees.It got fricken cold all at once and ive got a heat pump for home heat.I may be a little cool but my seedlings are loving it.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

I guess the shed is not insulated.

The best way to heat it in my opinion will be wall mounted panel heater. They are safe to run 24/7.

You dont want dust in a heater to take fire and those heat fan things are not meant to run without being checked on.

Thats my fire safety advice

Edit: you will easier find the sweet spot with a panel heater.
Alternatively you could look for a small 200w greenhouse warmer. Those things work great for your purpose

Domon8n30

Domon8n30

I guess the shed is not insulated.

The best way to heat it in my opinion will be wall mounted panel heater. They are safe to run 24/7.

You dont want dust in a heater to take fire and those heat fan things are not meant to run without being checked on.

Thats my fire safety advice

Edit: you will easier find the sweet spot with a panel heater.
Alternatively you could look for a small 200w greenhouse warmer. Those things work great for your purpose
Awesome thank you...

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

No problem mate. Check out those greenhouse warmer. They exist both as a fan heater and as a heat coil covered that will provide heat. I guess that last option is the best for you, you might just want to heat inside of tent and not the rom. Good luck anyway

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I used to grow, for years, in an insulated framed room in an uninsulated attic. The HID bulbs did all the heating and the fan was controlled by a thermostat. Not ideal, but plenty of weed ensued, nonetheless.

If the shed isn't much bigger than the tent, insulate the shed. Otherwise, I would sell the tent and frame a little room you can insulate.

If the bulb is your heat source, lights off during the day and lights on at night. I lived in the Carolinas, so it did not get terribly cold during the dark period. If your daytime temps are cold, you will need a heat source other than the light.

Top Bottom