Will Bud Blood slow down stretch?

• Thread starter mikeross
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeross

mikeross

I am currently growing out a pk cut that is know to be a slow vegger and stays really short.

I have been doing everything I can do to try and get these girls to stretch up to 36". I was planning on hitting them with bud blood first week bloom until I read numerous post regarding bud blood and it causing plants to stop the stretch in the first 3 weeks of bloom.

So it the above true? Am I going to hurt my yield if I flip my girls at 32" and hit them with bud blood.

I really want them to stretch out. I was advised by a friend to switch over to the AN connie if I were to run this pk cut again. He has grown the same pk cut and got it to yield big. He runs AN connie in his OG grows but using sensi ab for the first two weeks of bloom to reduce stretch then finishes with Connie.

Its crazy expensive but my friend swears by the stuff. He uses it with big bud, overdrive and house and garden additives.

anyways, need some insight on the bud blood.

thanks guys

R

Radio_Dread

i ues it. it doesnt slow growth at all. it promotes a faster flower set. my plants actually show a good growth response when bud blood to the mix. i just usually drop my B1 vitamins when i use bud blood(thrive alive). sounds like the strain

mikeross

mikeross

Its totally the strain... its a very slow vegger and doesnt want to stretch vertically.

I am actually hoping that bud blood keeping everything normal during bloom stretch or would be even better if caused a little stretch. I am somewhat depending on bloom stretch to get my pk's another foot taller.

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

I skipped the bud blood this round, and found no noticeable difference in bud size or amount of flowering sites, it had no impact on vertical growth whatsoever with my strain...

S

socalsinner

I used Bud Blood with my last run and it did not stop vertical growth on my ladies. The Connie is a funny thing... I have heard alot of neg and positive things about that product. The Neg and Postive comments coming from people you would think would ony have positive things to say about it...

M

Mr Celsius

Bud blood is like bush master, in that it is a Gibberellin. This should effect stem elongation. Why others have been saying it hasn't is curious to me.

Disclaimer: I've never used bud blood, but I know it is a gibberellin and similar to bush master. I have used bush master, and it does stop node elongation; creating a tighter, thicker, all around bigger bud.

M

Mr Celsius

For some reason, I cannot edit my last post.

My apologies, I looked into it further and bud blood is not a gibberellin. Years ago when it first came out, I had looked into it... and I swear that's what I had discovered. Either my memory is going or they changed the formula. Either way, I was incorrect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom