will decreasing night time temps last week of flowering promote color changes...?

• Thread starter vindiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vindiesel

....or is last week of flowering with cooler nights not enough time to promote coloring? i can see slight slight bud color changes in past week with no night time temp drops. leaves really havent changed but buds (nebula) have a very slight purplish goldish tint. i would like to bring out more purples, maroons out of buds and leaves this week, and would like to see how much time is needed of nite time temp drops to promote change in colors for future runs. my day time temps now are 77ish. night time stays about 73ish. thinking of bringing down to about 60-65, then by morning when lights come on temp will probably creep up to about 70-72 right before lights come on. thx guys.
vin

G

grizz

I doubt that one week is enough, it might color a little but if you are really wanting purple it takes a good month.

U

USMCtanker

is it all around cooler temps that bring out color or is it just a cooler night temp?

G

grizz

all around promotes it more but cool night temps will do it to, it also slows bud formation somewhat

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
If color is your thing you should find a strain that has it in the genetix and will color on its own so you don't have to drop your temps to low .

H

Husbandnwife420

iv read nite time temps of 50 55 4 3 or 4 weeks will bring out the purple:flower

U

USMCtanker

cool bc i have a purple erkle and i wanna bring the purple out of it when i flower. i have seen pics and there so cool. i also wanna try and get some orange velvet saw these in subcool's book Dank and wow. talk about colors

A

ace70568

If you have a purple urkle then it will likely turn a nice deep purple with temp's around 58.I have a purple strain
that get's solid deep purple when i drop temp's in the last 3-4 week's.

I wish i knew what it was cause someone gave it to me
and did'nt know what it was himself.

P

PurplePheno

U shouldnt need to drop temps if u have urkle, it will color with normal temps...a general rule some use tho is to have ur temps drop at least 20 degrees from lights on temps

F

Finalopagus

I just ran into this "purple" on my grow. What really is going on here? Is it a darkening of the leaves to absorb more heat? or a mag disorder that is breed into the strain? or nutrients, or lights, or system? Why is this popular?

O

Obsoul33t

dropping temps to promote color is not a smart way to go.
along with cooler night temps comes an increase in humidity . in a 10x10 room every degree lower adds approx 2-3 gallons more water as raised humidity . depending on your location the amount of water suspended in the atmosphere can go higher per every degree in temp drop.

powder mildew thrives in cooler more humid night conditions

Top Bottom