Will dois this "reveg" my plants

• Thread starter Keod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Keod

Keod

Hi guys i have a silly question I need answered.
So I switched to my plans to flower a week ago .
And I run the lights on at night and have them off during the day to avoid heat problems with the light.
If open my tent to continue doing LST training. Do I risk reveging my plants ?
The room room my tent is has the blinds shut and is kept in the dark .
With the amount after light passing through the the blinds as seen in the picture , and with the kind of light bulb (not a led) do I risk of reveging my plant ?
Is this a problem?

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

This amount of light can very well interrupt the photo cycle.

I would cover up that window and replace your lightbulb with a green one, or get a head lamp with a green light on it for working in your dark period.

Keod

Keod

Ok . I will cover that up . Will even that regular bulb fuck with the plants?

Maybe I should just stick to working on them when their light is on . But its tough not to peep on
This amount of light can very well interrupt the photo cycle.

I would cover up that window and replace your lightbulb with a green one, or get a head lamp with a green light on it for working in your dark period.
What do you mean by green light BTW?

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Yes any light but a green light will cause them to break cycle/herm. This might be hearsay but I was always told green lights wont break photo cycle because plants won't absorb green light? I'm sure someone here can debunk/explain in more detail.

Generally yes I would try to do your work with the lights on. I try to not go in when the lights are off unless I'm spraying or harvesting. Good luck!

Keod

Keod

Yes any light but a green light will cause them to break cycle/herm. This might be hearsay but I was always told green lights wont break photo cycle because plants won't absorb green light? I'm sure someone here can debunk/explain in more detail.

Generally yes I would try to do your work with the lights on. I try to not go in when the lights are off unless I'm spraying or harvesting. Good luck!
Thanks man

Enforcer

Enforcer

I have used a green headlight in a blacked out room during flower without any negative side effects. Yes, the window light and/or the light bulb will fuck up the photoperiod. They need 12 hours of UNINTERRUPTED darkness to flower. Panda film the window, get a green head light from Amazon, don’t turn on the room light with the tent open during the dark cycle and you should be fine.

Top Bottom