will green LED lights affect the 12 hour darkness

• Thread starter dean1963
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dean1963

i did another darkness inspection after i installed another passive vent and realized my dehumidifier has a green LED display. it's quite bright after my eyes get adjusted to the dark.
there is no way i can move it.
only thing i can think of is wiring up a on/off switch to the display or using velcro to attach some cover over the display.
am i getting worried for nothing?
internet guys say no issue, other internet guys say big ass boo boo

E9noxis

E9noxis

It affects them different. Like, deeper in the leaves. I hear dont do it. I can't tell you the science behind it.

Cover it. And all the lights on your power strips

steamroller

steamroller

Electric tape over the display.
Easy to remove for adjustments, yet effective.
I don't cover any of my controllers in the room. 🤔

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
i did another darkness inspection after i installed another passive vent and realized my dehumidifier has a green LED display. it's quite bright after my eyes get adjusted to the dark.
only thing i can think of is wiring up a on/off switch to the display or using velcro to attach some cover over the display.
I use a piece cardboard and tape it over any lights. I swear it fked up 1 grow, I did similar to you and I could see all the plants in the dark.....Dr.B.Bugby says if you can read print its too light and will effect the plant.

indogrow420

indogrow420

I read somewhere some guy had plants in flower that re - vegged because of something like that.. I wouldn't risk it tbh cover it asap

Last edited:
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I've heard that green doesn't effect the dark cycle ... I don't believe it. At least not entirely ... green light is still light. Light is a form of energy. I'm sure the plants can sense it. Furthermore, how do you know that the green light is the "perfect color green" since there's so many shades of it.

I don't enter my grow tents once lights are off ... for any reason.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've heard that green doesn't effect the dark cycle ... I don't believe it. At least not entirely ... green light is still light. Light is a form of energy. I'm sure the plants can sense it. Furthermore, how do you know that the green light is the "perfect color green" since there's so many shades of it.

I don't enter my grow tents once lights are off ... for any reason.
That is another reason why I found it hard to have lights on at night and off though the day. I 'm awake through the day when I can work with my plants. I neglect them with out a 10 - 12 hours through the day to have available to work on them to clean, trim, pot, transplant and all the other shit that has to get done. It doesn't take 10 -12 hrs to complete it all but I have all those hours available to do said work its more like a job rushing to get shit done before the lights go out and working on them in the dark with a green head lamp just doesn't cut it. I have a green flash light if I have to get in there, my elect panel & other stuff is in the same room but I'm in and out and not aiming the light at the girls.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Painters tape is your friend

D

dean1963

great, thanks guys.
i've just germinated 2nd grow so i have time to deal with it.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

That is another reason why I found it hard to have lights on at night and off though the day. I 'm awake through the day when I can work with my plants. I neglect them with out a 10 - 12 hours through the day to have available to work on them to clean, trim, pot, transplant and all the other shit that has to get done. It doesn't take 10 -12 hrs to complete it all but I have all those hours available to do said work its more like a job rushing to get shit done before the lights go out and working on them in the dark with a green head lamp just doesn't cut it. I have a green flash light if I have to get in there, my elect panel & other stuff is in the same room but I'm in and out and not aiming the light at the girls.
My tent is in the same room as my electrical panel as well ... but I use the tent as an extra layer of protection from accidental light leaks. I also run my lights during the day time for the exact same reason you do ... it can be difficult to squeeze it in if you only have an hr before bed to work on it.

I have blown a breaker on a few occasions. Panel is on the opposite side from the tent. There's probably close to 20 ft separating the two. I use a flashlight or the light on my phone to reset breakers. Tent is closed. Overhead light was never turned on. No chance of damage.

At any rate, anyone on this thread have multiple years of positive experience using green lights and no hermaphrodites ... I want to hear your story. I'm skeptical at best ...

Top Bottom