Will I get anything?

• Thread starter vaughn17
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vaughn17

Hi - I posted a thread back in August where I was wondering what would come out of the two plants I planted outdoors. There are in a garden tent (white fabric) so I don't know if this could be considered a greenhouse. There were no flowers at all in early August and due to the cold climate I was worried if I had enough time to finish them up. I ended up buying black plastic to cover my garden tent and started covering on August 13th to give them 14 hours of darkness each night. On August 24th they started to flower so I am now at the end of four weeks of flowering. Just wondering if by the pictures I have here anyone can suggest how much longer I may have before harvest? We have not had any frost yet but I expect will in early October, I have a small heater which can help at night. The days are usually 20 - 30 in the tent so it is just the night I am concerned about. However the buds don't seem to really be filling out, they are very light and air looking? It is a predominately sativa (high CDB) with very little indica.

I would appreciate any feedback. How many more weeks to harvest do you think? Can I expect the buds to fill out more?

Will i get anything
Will i get anything 2
Will i get anything 3
Will i get anything 4
Will i get anything 5
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

plants look fine,be better they have 12 hours of light ,but to each there own,4 weeks in they look good,cant predict weather but have a tip,if you have quick drops of temps your opening the best cause of PM,so if you know and are using a heater,a hour or so and before temp starts to drop put your heater on a timer to slowly let the plant adjust instead of there it is cold,i cant tell if your in containers or not,but sativa dominant i would make arrangment to move them inside when you need too,just as i said on your last post with same issue,sativa is a 12 to 16 week plant,no getting around it unless you plan to harvest and dont care if it has gotten to its full potential ,decreasing the lights will finish it quicker but by no means will you have a good harvest,this is just my opinion good luck

V

vaughn17

plants look fine,be better they have 12 hours of light ,but to each there own,4 weeks in they look good,cant predict weather but have a tip,if you have quick drops of temps your opening the best cause of PM,so if you know and are using a heater,a hour or so and before temp starts to drop put your heater on a timer to slowly let the plant adjust instead of there it is cold,i cant tell if your in containers or not,but sativa dominant i would make arrangment to move them inside when you need too,just as i said on your last post with same issue,sativa is a 12 to 16 week plant,no getting around it unless you plan to harvest and dont care if it has gotten to its full potential ,decreasing the lights will finish it quicker but by no means will you have a good harvest,this is just my opinion good luck

Thank you, I will switch 12 light now as we are approaching the equinox, just no need to cover the plants.

Bringing them inside is not an option, they are in pots (15 gallon I think) but I don't think I could lift them plus I don't have lighting for them indoors.

Some leaves look yellow but I adjusted the fertilizer (10-15-10) so I hope there will be no more yellowing.

This is my first experiment and while I do care about quality I will have to harvest when my heater no longer keeps them out of frost, sometime in October I guess, we will see. The heater is on a timer so when it hits 6C it kicks on, I was hoping to keep them above 5C at night, so far I don't think the heater has switched on yet but I expect it will in early October.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thank you, I will switch 12 light now as we are approaching the equinox, just no need to cover the plants.

Bringing them inside is not an option, they are in pots (15 gallon I think) but I don't think I could lift them plus I don't have lighting for them indoors.

Some leaves look yellow but I adjusted the fertilizer (10-15-10) so I hope there will be no more yellowing.

This is my first experiment and while I do care about quality I will have to harvest when my heater no longer keeps them out of frost, sometime in October I guess, we will see. The heater is on a timer so when it hits 6C it kicks on, I was hoping to keep them above 5C at night, so far I don't think the heater has switched on yet but I expect it will in early October.
thats what im saying,instead of waiting for the sudden drop make the heater slowly catch up to your day time heat and then work back down to relax the plant,case i deal with day temps have for last 3 months been above 100 and as high as 107,then about a hour before dark it drops to like 70ish in a matter of a hour,I got so much PM on every thing i just gave up on every thing but my pumpkins,been like this and pissing me off big time,this whole year it has done this and wiped out 2 harvest thus far

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

May I ask how you count weeks? Do you count when they initially go to a 12 week dark cycle, or when the flowers first start to appear?
i count my weeks from the minute i flip those lights to flower,other folk start when the headlights are showing,ive never grown a sativa plant that didnt at the minumum go 12 weeks

V

vaughn17

i count my weeks from the minute i flip those lights to flower,other folk start when the headlights are showing,ive never grown a sativa plant that didnt at the minumum go 12 weeks

Are you talking 100% sativa or is there some indica mixed in there?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Are you talking 100% sativa or is there some indica mixed in there?
100% i have to have the speedy high,my mind works to fast ,the sativa balances what ever going on up there,i dont smoke indica at all,send me to a dark place i already left and dont ever want to see again much less live it again,sativa is the ticket,it takes longer to grow ,but for me worth the wait just saying,hey you gotta do what you got to do,if i couldnt get them inside i woulod build a damn wood box to cover the thing,use a flood light if nothing else,but i would sure finish them proper just saying,4 sheets of plywood 4 sheets of foam board for insulation ,some way for the plant to get a little outside air when light is on and finish it,15 gal pot dont weigh that much id move inside or next to house but finish them i would some how,your gonna be sad when you spent all the time in and work just to have pretty leaves and no flower power if you dig

Madbud

Madbud

If you’re in eastern canada the jet stream is in the sweet spot for the next couple weeks. Couple warm days will fatten her up.

V

vaughn17

These plans are not 100% sativa, a little indica mixed in so I am hoping the buds would mature faster.

I am in the Prairies, temperature in the tent on a sunny day is 30C or slightly warmer, some people say I should open up the door but with the day time temperatures dropping all the time I think it would be slower growth with only 10 - 15C day temperature.

Latest posts

Top Bottom