Will Light From Security Cameras Cause Your Plants To Herm? ANSWERS BELOW!

• Thread starter my9goesbang
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

my9goesbang

"I'm not sure if this will help anyone, i thought this was helpful since i'm looking for a cam for my grow tent)

"Dan from The Green Sunshine Company asking him a question from a viewer. Does infrared light (IR) from security cameras disrupt a plant's dark period causing it to become hermaphrodite (aka herm, hermie)?"

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
No it does not. Week 9 no Hermes,
And many grows before:)
ED43240C D3BB 47E0 9292 109C8E6B70CC

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Light leaks usually aren’t the cause of Hermed plants, I’ve got light leaks and a red light in my tent from the heater and never an issue. Never had a plant herm on me.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Light leaks usually aren’t the cause of Hermed plants, I’ve got light leaks and a red light in my tent from the heater and never an issue. Never had a plant herm on me.
I just heard him confirm blue led indicator lights can cause plants to hermie..not the infra red light the camera uses to see with. I've hermied 1 run from my humidifier light. 4 - 5 nights before I saw that it was uncovered, when I entered the room in the dark the small light allowed me to see the entire room. My plants were between 2 & 3 weeks in flower ....yes sir the entire crop seeded up.....thousands of useless seeds.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I just heard him confirm blue led indicator lights can cause plants to hermie..not the infra red light the camera uses to see with. I've hermied 1 run from my humidifier light. 4 - 5 nights before I saw that it was uncovered, when I entered the room in the dark the small light allowed me to see the entire room. My plants were between 2 & 3 weeks in flower ....yes sir the entire crop seeded up.....thousands of useless seeds.
Bummer. Never had an issue. Ever thought about the light at night outside when growing outdoors? How is it that random porch lights, stars, moonlight, etc won’t cause a plant to herm, but artificial light does? What am I missing? 9 times outta 10, herms are operator error. Nutrient stress is the #1 culprit and #2 is poor breeding practices. Imo. Why wouldn’t you be able to grow those seeds out?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Bummer. Never had an issue. Ever thought about the light at night outside when growing outdoors? How is it that random porch lights, stars, moonlight, etc won’t cause a plant to herm, but artificial light does? What am I missing? 9 times outta 10, herms are operator error. Nutrient stress is the #1 culprit and #2 is poor breeding practices. Imo. Why wouldn’t you be able to grow those seeds out?
They may grow to be like their parents...I've done that in the past and grown seeded weed. I find it cheaper to buy seeds with good gene's than spend 4-5 months growing seeded sht weed. I'm old I can't afford to waste 4 - 5 months....even 1 bad plant can fk up the room,the little ball sacks grow under small leaves close to the stalk that can't always be seen and spew their load without you knowing it until its too late....another crop goes bad......nope never again. Good seeds from a trusted source or grow cabbage...lol

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
They may grow to be like their parents...I've done that in the past and grown seeded weed. I find it cheaper to buy seeds with good gene's than spend 4-5 months growing seeded sht weed. I'm old I can't afford to waste 4 - 5 months....even 1 bad plant can fk up the room,the little ball sacks grow under small leaves close to the stalk that can't always be seen and spew their load without you knowing it until its too late....another crop goes bad......nope never again. Good seeds from a trusted source or grow cabbage...lol
Haha I beg to differ. Some of the most prominent genetics have came from a bag seed, which is a herm. Anyways, I hope you all the best and beat those light leaks, no one likes seeded weed. 😂
Burnz

PK1

PK1

Supporter
@1diesel1 @BurnzYzBudZz im actually surprised cuz during dark any light leak can cause the plants to go back in veg not sure about hermi. I had two occasions where the plant was giving too much leaves during flower and figured it went back to veg. The only lights that was on during dark hour was the blue light from my timer and when it was dark that little blue light would make the room somewhat visible.

I think to be safe, duct tape over it will give a peace of mind but that's weird that you guys didn't have problems

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
@1diesel1 @BurnzYzBudZz im actually surprised cuz during dark any light leak can cause the plants to go back in veg not sure about hermi. I had two occasions where the plant was giving too much leaves during flower and figured it went back to veg. The only lights that was on during dark hour was the blue light from my timer and when it was dark that little blue light would make the room somewhat visible.

I think to be safe, duct tape over it will give a peace of mind but that's weird that you guys didn't have problems
I fully understand. I’d say if my whole crop hermed I’d look at other variables first, then light leaks would be last, as it’s never been an issue for me, personally.

Reactions: PK1

Latest posts

Top Bottom