Will My Clones Start To Flower If I Put Them Outside? Outdoor Grow

• Thread starter Maaaaurice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Growzart

Hey man, dont over complicate or over think it.
Theres 2 ways I do this personally. I am in the southern hemisphere so add or subtract 6 months from the dates I say.
My clones are done under 24 hours of light. Once transplanted, they go into a small veg area with an led flood light to add a few hours onto the day.
If I then move them to their final spot in the beginning of october(northern hemisphere=april) they will flower up until week 3, sit like that for a few weeks then slowly begin to reveg until about the end of january. At the start of this process you can use a higher N food like chicken pellets to help the shoots push from the calyxes As the reveg is halfway through, you can cut off the thicker buds and have a smaller harvest for your self to have something to smoke. It's not the best but hey. Eventually by the end of January (northern hemisphere=june) they should be fully reveged. At this point in time it is important to note that the plant is now back to a natural photoperiod biological clock. They will finish later in the season than normal by a month or so. This method works far better on plants with decent % of sativa Genes. Sometimes heavy indicas dont break out of flower into reveg properly.

The second way is to put an led flood light on either end of the garden. I find this way all nodes stay at least somewhat in light. The bigger you want your plants, the bigger the lights need to be to keep all parts of the plants awake. You dont need more than a few hours after dusk or before dawn to keep them vegging. I use a total of 200w per 400m2 (+-4000ft2)
You dont need big power, you just need similar levels of light to the twilight hours. A plant can "see" a candle from a mile away
You can geek out and govern the circuit via timer between 6am to 10pm, then through a daylight switches that they only turn on at dusk. U can place a sock over the daylight switch and now it will be sensitive enough to switch your lights on when theres dim days with fog and such....
I know I said keep it simple but this is ganja, we tend to go off on a tangent +++rips another fat bowl+++

G

Growzart

I forget to mention. Dont try and flower before the summer solstice unless u are revegging. For this u need a blackout. If you wait till after the solstice(southern hemisphere=21 december, northern hemisphere =21 june) the plants will flower properly. It is generally fine a couple weeks before but some strains may be sensitive to going hermie if they begin flower on an increasing photoperiod

Top Bottom