Will my plant be stuck in limbo due to cold temperatures?

• Thread starter Dirtymuckel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

Hey folks I’m literally just onto the 3rd week of flowering for my girl, she started producing pistons and budlets around the 5th of September and has showed progress ever since. My only issue now is the temperatures outside aren’t getting much higher than 14 degrees with October coming in and Im wondering will this stunt the plants growth or completely stop it leaving the plant in limbo? I guess in theory I’m asking what’s the coldest temperatures I can get away with so this girl can produce its final harvest? Yes this is an outdoor grow outdoors in a 10litre pot I am able to bring it inside at nights and keep it nice and warm at room temperature which is around 24 degrees so night time frost is not an issue. Posting some pictures below showing the current stage the buds are in, any advice would be much appreciated and thank you as always

7DFCE3EC B35D 4351 904B 29415D828403
30F55A11 EB7D 4634 A3F4 32C03EFBF1CC
EF9431DB F6CF 4BBF 8052 2BF81D9AA10D
82475C6E 3A43 4DEE B59C C49207D18320
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

if it were me,i would do a root drench with azamax or something along those lines,give it a good drench outside,then bring plant in for finish inside,your call though,were im at winter is 2 weeks long,no unusal at all to have 90 degrees 2 days after a cool front moves threw taking temps to 40ish yep that winter

Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

if it were me,i would do a root drench with azamax or something along those lines,give it a good drench outside,then bring plant in for finish inside,your call though,were im at winter is 2 weeks long,no unusal at all to have 90 degrees 2 days after a cool front moves threw taking temps to 40ish yep that winter
How would I go about finishing it inside if I don’t have a light to hit it with man? I’m using the sun as my source of light just and have nothing to use as a light source indoors. I’m based in the north of Ireland our winter won’t properly set in until the end off November but it’s dropping to around 13-14 degrees during the day time now

R

redshift75

depends on genetics. I'm usually down to like 2-5C(i think you are speaking in Celsius) or like 34-41F. These will still finish. i didn't even bother with frost blankets. As I'm experimenting with "frost genetics". Of the 8 girls in this 'gorilla' grow, 4 made it to flower. All of them survived 3 days in a row of frost. With one having more frost burn than the other. at that range i wouldnt worry. At least with yours you can move it in and out between the frosts looks like. Outside during the day, inside at night is my advice. Just being cautious of the darkness and all that. dont put it in your kitchen and leave a light on all night. Easiest route to go with for finishing outside in my opinion.

IMG 20200919 195703

Last edited by a moderator:
Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

depends on genetics. I'm usually down to like 2-5C(i think you are speaking in Celsius) or like 34-41F. These will still finish. i didn't even bother with frost blankets. As I'm experimenting with "frost genetics". Of the 8 girls in this 'gorilla' grow, 4 made it to flower. All of them survived 3 days in a row of frost. With one having more frost burn than the other. at that range i wouldnt worry. At least with yours you can move it in and out between the frosts looks like. Outside during the day, inside at night is my advice. Just being cautious of the darkness and all that. dont put it in your kitchen and leave a light on all night. Easiest route to go with for finishing outside in my opinion.

View attachment 1033834
Great info mate thank you very much for taking the time to explain that. Yes i also am talking about celsius in terms of the degrees as I’m based in the UK, the most were dropping down to at night is around 12 degrees but I was worried the plant wouldn’t grow any more in the flowering stage and just sort off be stuck in limbo lol. Yes mate I bring the plant in at nights now and leave it in my bathroom which is being kept in darkness as the light in there is broke atm lmao, temperatures are nice indoors for it just wish I could finish her in here with a light but I digress the sun is still my friend, what’s left off it anyways

Rooke

Rooke

Great info mate thank you very much for taking the time to explain that. Yes i also am talking about celsius in terms of the degrees as I’m based in the UK, the most were dropping down to at night is around 12 degrees but I was worried the plant wouldn’t grow any more in the flowering stage and just sort off be stuck in limbo lol. Yes mate I bring the plant in at nights now and leave it in my bathroom which is being kept in darkness as the light in there is broke atm lmao, temperatures are nice indoors for it just wish I could finish her in here with a light but I digress the sun is still my friend, what’s left off it anyways
You got this Buddy! Take her in just before dark and put her back outside at sun up every morning until she is ready to harvest. Best of luck to ya!!!

R

redshift75

You can finish it indoors. but when that is not an options you will be fine. you could easily throw a light in that bathroom on a timer. But honestly it wont matter. My plants have almost grown in lower temperatures then you are concerned with. Outside the temps at peak of summer thats been my entire flower. Im of the mindset -if mine will be fine, so will yours. Now getting to finish them completely.... at least in my case being stuck in the ground is a different story.

Latest posts

Top Bottom