Will My Plant Survive?

• Thread starter Shellaz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shellaz

Shellaz

Will my plant survive
so today i was tying down brances on all of my plants, all went well except the last plant which i had tied down to tight and it ending up splitting the stem can this be saved?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
like this? do i just leave it like that for the rest of its growth?
sorry for all the questions im just new to this
It is better to cover the wound so no air can get in because air dries the wound and dried out scars dont heal or healing takes more time but if the surfaces are touching at the position you taped then it is fine.
1-2 weeks there will be a thick calus there and it will be healed. You can remove the tape at that point.
I am going to keep plugging this in, beeswax worked really good for me. I took one of the two main branches clean off one time and wrapped it together with beeswax, after a week, voila, good as new. Also it covers all the scar tissue and protects against disease and dry air.

DTG

DTG

Hi Shellaz . . .

I did a similar thing only my branch almost broke right off, it was just hanging from a small thread from the main stalk. I just happened to have a band aid on my finger, so I peeled it off and stuck it on the broken branch.
I then tied up the broken limb to the main stalk to hold it, a week later the branch was still very healthy. The following week I took off the band aid & at the break site there was now a huge round bump. Completely heeled
& growing quite nicely. So the answer to your question is Yes it will survive. . .

My plant has taken off & the broken branch looks like it is going to be one of my best colas. . .
Good luck, keep the tape on for awhile & don't peek.

Don.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
It is better to cover the wound so no air can get in because air dries the wound and dried out scars dont heal or healing takes more time but if the surfaces are touching at the position you taped then it is fine.
1-2 weeks there will be a thick calus there and it will be healed. You can remove the tape at that point.
I am going to keep plugging this in, beeswax worked really good for me. I took one of the two main branches clean off one time and wrapped it together with beeswax, after a week, voila, good as new. Also it covers all the scar tissue and protects against disease and dry air.

I heard someone say Vaseline helps too in a similar fashion. Luckily I grow fairly small plants and don’t train them so this has never really been an issue. But might be worth a try if you don’t have beeswax. I’d use beeswax first though if you have it. It’s more natural. Plus most of the Vaseline in my house is used on my right hand.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I heard someone say Vaseline helps too in a similar fashion. Luckily I grow fairly small plants and don’t train them so this has never really been an issue. But might be worth a try if you don’t have beeswax. I’d use beeswax first though if you have it. It’s more natural. Plus most of the Vaseline in my house is used on my right hand.
Beeswax also harden if your grow room is not very hot and so it provides the required support to keep a branch straight too (if you don’t have trees). I like it and as you said it is all natural, so thats a plus.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Beeswax also harden if your grow room is not very hot and so it provides the required support to keep a branch straight too (if you don’t have trees). I like it and as you said it is all natural, so thats a plus.

Ahh ok that makes sense. Kudos.

Shellaz

Shellaz

i have some beeswax lying around somewhere gonna have a look today.

Shellaz

Shellaz

Hi Shellaz . . .

I did a similar thing only my branch almost broke right off, it was just hanging from a small thread from the main stalk. I just happened to have a band aid on my finger, so I peeled it off and stuck it on the broken branch.
I then tied up the broken limb to the main stalk to hold it, a week later the branch was still very healthy. The following week I took off the band aid & at the break site there was now a huge round bump. Completely heeled
& growing quite nicely. So the answer to your question is Yes it will survive. . .

My plant has taken off & the broken branch looks like it is going to be one of my best colas. . .
Good luck, keep the tape on for awhile & don't peek.

Don.
lol you’ve made a man happier now i now it can be saved. thank you guys!

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
She will live. Tape it and then take a string, ties across the 2 opposing branches to close “the legs”. Wait a few day to 2 weeks and she will be fine.
I actually intentionally do stem splitting at flower on certain strains to hurry her up! So yes she is sturdy and will in ok.
Copper sulfate over the wound once closed will prevent any pathogens from entering the plant. Beeswax is the best bandaid, honey works as well.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I have read so many posts about people breaking off a branch and reattaching it. It had me wondering... I wonder if you could cut a branch clean off two different strains, and then reattach it to the other plant? that would be interesting LMAO

Monster762

Monster762

View attachment 830328 so today i was tying down brances on all of my plants, all went well except the last plant which i had tied down to tight and it ending up splitting the stem can this be saved?
Yup tape it up. I’ve heard honey is good to use. It’s like sap on a tree it will help seal it n protect it n organic.

Leew421

Leew421

Some people actually split the main stock on purpose. The new growth will come back huge like a knot and push more up

Madmax

Madmax

Done this heaps running horizontally splitting from the fork.if you didnt see it youd never think anythings happened.youd think theyd stress and hermie on ya but..nope.i do what jack og said but run tape higher up as its easier to pull branches in...

Cheers max

DTG

DTG

SoLowDolo . . .

I believe that you can do that, it's called Grafting. . .

Like they do with roses or apples & other fruit trees like cherries & pears . . .
They grow different types of apples on the same tree . . .

Now you've got my head buzzing. I think I will have to give that a try that next year . . .
Let ya know how it turns out. . .

Shellaz . . .

Glad to have helped you out, I hope you save it . . .

Don.

Latest posts

Top Bottom