Will my snapped branch come back to life?

• Thread starter jimbobthe3rd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jimbobthe3rd

2 days ago i went into my room and one of my plants had a snapped branch it was laying on the floor, only being held on by a small amount of plant material/skin. The leaves and everything still looked fine when i clip tied the branch back into it's spot, it wasn't a 100% lock into its old spot as it was a big rip, but about 1/4 of the stem of the branch is back in its original spot.

So the leaves and that looked fine when i first clip tied it back, but a few hours later began to wilt, and now 2 days later they are still wilted, everything looks sort of in-tact but still all is wilted.

I'm ment to flip these girls in about 6-7 days, is it worth me waiting to see if that branch will come back to life? Or just cut it off and not worry about it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

J

jimbobthe3rd

The leaves are wilted *-*...but still look very green n such, they look as if when you put a fresh clone in and it falls over for the first day, you know what i mean :S?

J

jimbobthe3rd

Here are some images of the problem D:.

As i said,

i have to flip these girls REGARDLESS within the next 6-7 days (im on a strict timeline), so should i wait for them to recover or just cut it out and try bend some of the good growth over that hole :S??

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Usually if you can get the branch intact while it is still wet you are good but I think that only happens when you break it and hear the telltale "Snap....oh fuck!". I would have to agree that your branch is 86ed. It sucks too because that looks like a huge branch!

F

Frosty Buds

The branch won't make it. One of my branches fell and couldnt recover. Had to harvest what I could off of it :/

On the bright side, I got some early buds to give me a small taste of what was to come.

Anywho, it is time to make some BHO. Best of luck to ya.

J

jimbobthe3rd

Yes it was a large branch, maybe around 1/4 of the plant D:. I have cut it off, and am going to place a 400 watt light underneath to the side of that plant to hope stimulate the lowers to come up and fill the hole in the next 4-5 days :S.

Thanks everyone for ur input!!

W

White Widower

I've had similar things happen, and saved the branch by staking and taping it up. If you don't catch it in time the branch has less of a chance of surviving. I'm assuming your familiar with super cropping and stuff likee that. Ive actually had branches break completely off and was able to save it. Have you ever heard of grafting? Really interesting stuff a fun to experiment with. Good for keeping many strains with fewer moms.

G

gutter_socal

Dude, looking very healthy, but I see powdery mildew in the very near future unless you do some serious pruning. Also encourages insect pesrs. Let your ladies breathe!

Edit

*pests

J

jimbobthe3rd

The few white spots on that bottom leaf is caused from an aphid insect spray i use on the base of the plants/soil every so often if i see one or two flying around, was that your indication of the powdery mildew, or something else :s?

F

fatganjagrower

I agree with gutter_socal unless you do some serious pruning you're going to get powdery mildew but they look very healthy so far keep up the good work.

J

jimbobthe3rd

Ah in regards to the density of the canopy? Once a week i spend a good 5-6 hours pruning off all the big fan leaves etc, there is a high cfm circulating fan underneath all the plants around the edges of the room also, with 3 fans above the canopy and a powerful extraction fan, the humidity has not been above 50% so far when i have tried to get it high during veg, now it's flowering time i keep it at about 40%.

Is low humidity + air circulation key to not getting PM?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

low rh leaves u exposed to pm
key is 40-60%
high rh leaves u exposed to downy mildew

The HC

The HC

Yes it was a large branch, maybe around 1/4 of the plant D:. I have cut it off, and am going to place a 400 watt light underneath to the side of that plant to hope stimulate the lowers to come up and fill the hole in the next 4-5 days :S.

Thanks everyone for ur input!!

You didn't have to.

I've taped limbs on twice so far for my latest grow. The second time is was a small little branch that was starting to look like your was, only a fiber or two still holding it. I woke up and it was damaged. Taped it back on, didn't even do a great job, but it's living like a normal stem now.

The first there was a crack in the base of branch closer to that size. I was trying to LST it but it snapped and I decided to not LST it.

I've seen parts where the plant will mend without help after a little abuse.

J

Jsän

the big thing when trying to save a branch like that is light exposure.

if the branch is trying to transpire faster than it can draw up nutrients, it will die.

shade accidental breakages from your lights until they can stand on their own without wilting.

let me see if i can find pics of the mainstem break i just went thru.

Top Bottom