will the smell ever come?

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
These have been curing in jars for about 3 weeks now and they look and smoke great..And the grassy smell is gone...But there is really no smell at all.

although, the house did smell like a dispensary when we had the jars open

Will it start to smell like the buds at the dispensary with time?

Purplekushbud
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Three weeks is not long enough, IMO. However, I've never had them not smell (according to others, since my snake bite I have problems detecting many scents) at all. Either you're getting accustomed to being around it and are losing sensitivity, or....

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
how long did you orginally hang them for? what will really nerf the smell is if they are still wet when you put them in jars or bags. most of the time it will never come back. if they are dry when they go in the smell should start coming in about a week for most strains.

hiboy

hiboy

Buddy of mine had a harvest that didnt smell either, it was dense, got ya baked, but just didnt smell, at all.
He flushed for a week only, unsure if that did anything. I always flush for two weeks .
h

W

whtrshn

I've had the same problem and just figured it's just the strain. I too have got way used to the smell. I've been growing several strains now for about 3 years and some smell more than others. Again, I judge by trichomes but unfortunately since I supply a little to local dispensaries I need to get the "smell" more intense too. I think I may need to flush more than a week?? I grow in coco.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Seamaiden; I think you may have something there...I can smell it when I come home....the whole house smells good...Its just not as strong when I open the jar as I wish it was.

how long did you orginally hang them for? what will really nerf the smell is if they are still wet when you put them in jars or bags. most of the time it will never come back. if they are dry when they go in the smell should start coming in about a week for most strains.

I hung them with leaves on for bout 8 days...then, trimmed them a bit and kept them in brown paper bags for another week while I continued to trim them.
Then they went into the jars and were dumped out everyday for another week or so. You may be right, I may have put them in jars a little soon

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
You can only flush so much when your in soil...

But I gave plain water 5 times in the last 10 days before harvest.

It tastes pretty good really and it does have some good smell...just not real strong yet

hiboy

hiboy

Normally a two week flush works well. Do you flush with an additive. Flushing also means during those two weeks change your flush water 3-5 times.
h

P

paperplane

One product that IMO adds some stank is Botanicare's Pure Blend Metabolic Bloom Formula. (Organic Compost Solution). Ever since I started using that in bloom my stank has gone up tremendously. And of course follow the proper drying techniques.

Top Bottom