Will these have to be moved up to 3-gallon cans?

• Thread starter fawnridge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fawnridge

fawnridge

Northern Virginia and I'm thinking these plants will go outside around May 15th. They've been in one-gallon cans for around 5 weeks. Do you think they will have to be moved up to three-gallon cans prior to planting in the large wooden barrel planters outside? Transplant shock is my primary fear and if I can leave them in ones until they go into the barrel planters, I'd feel happier. Thanks and a tip of the hat.

Will these have to be moved up to 3 gallon cans

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

With six or seven weeks to go, I'd probably up pot them now. They'd probably survive if left in the one-gallon pots, but they'd be very root bound by May 15th.

Transplant shock is nothing to fear. The plants might just need a little extra care for a day or so.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Northern Virginia and I'm thinking these plants will go outside around May 15th. They've been in one-gallon cans for around 5 weeks. Do you think they will have to be moved up to three-gallon cans prior to planting in the large wooden barrel planters outside? Transplant shock is my primary fear and if I can leave them in ones until they go into the barrel planters, I'd feel happier. Thanks and a tip of the hat.

View attachment 1344319
I agree with above. Id let them go another week in the 1 gallon pots and move them into 3 gallon pots til the weather is right for them to go outside.

Top Bottom