Will this set up be OK?

• Thread starter Scothunter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Scothunter

OK first of hi folks I'm. A newbie here.
Anyway I'm now in the position to have my own small grow. Always wanted to do it as a hobby and I'm a long term smoker of the weed.
I'm looking to buy the lumatek led 300. With a 100x100 tent. 4" fan carbon filter. Bio bizz nutes /soil. 5 gallon fabric pots. Few other bits and pieces. The total cost is gonna be just over£600. I went for the decent tent at £100 and the light. I feel those are important. I'm looking for advice on fans though. Although noise is not an issue or traffic coming in my place. I'm just looking for a fan that maybe I can control in form of a dimmer. I don't really want to go anymore expensive. I'm Obv going to get another cheap fan for intake and balance the pressure. I'll assume at such a small tent it will get sucked in lol. 8ve never worked with led. In past I used the hp bulbs. Do the led get really hot? Anyway I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy the site and picking up lots of pointers and tips.

AKgrow

AKgrow

I bought a 4" inline fan that kicks ass from a company called Turbro. Cheaper than the competition, and works very well, comes with a dimmer style speed controller. Amazon had them last year.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Infinity Cloudline inline fans are cheap, quiet and adjustable. LEDs produce heat, but not much compared to HID lighting.

I can't say whether you'd need an intake fan. I've never used one in 16 years of indoor growing. They might have been more of a necessity in the days when exhaust fans had two speeds: on and off.

OldManGrower

OldManGrower

I have the same size tent and use a 500W LED. What I have found out during my grows is that LED’s produce good light but not much in heat. So there is less concern about pushing out heat and more concern about heating the tent. So I use an exhaust fan at low speed and have a couple fans in the tent, plus a small ceramic heater in the tent to stabilize the temp. Works for me. A lot of die hard HID fans and you can’t dispute results, but I just feel that LED is better in reducing energy costs and are safer. The net results even with the ceramic heater is less energy costs. Just my humble opinion.

S

Scothunter

I have the same size tent and use a 500W LED. What I have found out during my grows is that LED’s produce good light but not much in heat. So there is less concern about pushing out heat and more concern about heating the tent. So I use an exhaust fan at low speed and have a couple fans in the tent, plus a small ceramic heater in the tent to stabilize the temp. Works for me. A lot of die hard HID fans and you can’t dispute results, but I just feel that LED is better in reducing energy costs and are safer. The net results even with the ceramic heater is less energy costs. Just my humble opinion.
Cheers man. Can I ask what kind of yield you get from the 500w

freezeland2

freezeland2

I bought a 4" inline fan that kicks ass from a company called Turbro. Cheaper than the competition, and works very well, comes with a dimmer style speed controller. Amazon had them last year.
I might have the same. I got mine about 15 years ago and still going strong. It’s 286 cfm and only 4” intake and exhaust.

freezeland2

freezeland2

It’s more important to put enough watts per sq foot with enough intensity for flowering. 35 watts per sq ft is a good rule of thumb.

OldManGrower

OldManGrower

I think that yield is also a function of the strain, but normally I can grow 6 plants can get about a 1 pint jar size buds per plant. I'm growing a Kush strain right now. It grows more bushy than tall but promises a high yield. I did a lot of research and decided to buy my LED from californialightworks.com. Check out the customer's comments. They have a good, reliable product and customer service is excellent.

Top Bottom