Wilma Drip System Help

• Thread starter Solidopc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Solidopc

Solidopc

I am interested in one of the 4 pot wilma drip systems, and using coco in it. Thing is, i am not sure hlw exactly they work, other than there's a tank on the bottom which has a pump that pumps water through the line and it drips onto the pots.

What i dont get is how i would change it from a recirculating system, to a run to watse system? I don't want to be feeding the same water once it's gone through the coco, but don't know how i would change it, even though it says you can do in the write up for it.

Does anybody use these systems? Do they come with everything you need when you buy it? Or do you need to buy extra pumps or this and that to change it to a run to waste system? And most importantly, how do i change it to a run to waste system?

Please gimme some help, as i want to order one of these things. Would be perfect under my 400watter and size of tent. And only £68 on progrow.

H

hazyfontazy

just buy 4 pots and a dripper set up with pump ,,,2 buckets or tanks ,1 for feeding and 1 to catch the watse ,,

basically u need to build a platform for the plants to sit on ,preferbly grooved like corrugated roofing sheet ,slope it gently from back to the front ,, fix a a piece of gutter to the lower end .direct that into a catchment bucket,,put pots on platform fix drippers in place and attach to pump ,,fill bucket with nutes and press play ,,start off 1 x 15 minutes a day increasing to 4x as they grow ,,bloody easy :banana:

total cost about £35 ,,get most of ya stuff from wilkos

U

ukcheesehead

just buy 4 pots and a dripper set up with pump ,,,2 buckets or tanks ,1 for feeding and 1 to catch the watse ,,

basically u need to build a platform for the plants to sit on ,preferbly grooved like corrugated roofing sheet ,slope it gently from back to the front ,, fix a a piece of gutter to the lower end .direct that into a catchment bucket,,put pots on platform fix drippers in place and attach to pump ,,fill bucket with nutes and press play ,,start off 1 x 15 minutes a day increasing to 4x as they grow ,,bloody easy :banana:

lol hazy thats what ive just pmed him about , a dripper system like i use loads cheaper and easy to make

Solidopc

Solidopc

Sounds real easy aye, and wilkos is just down the road. But i am shite at building things. I wish i could take one of you along with me to make sure i could get all the right stuff.

I'll have to study uks thread now. A picture should give me a better idea of how it works. But i'm allready off a wilma system now. Pots are too close together. I'd rather build one of these things, or buy two waterfarms or something.

D

diesel

i agree a simple dripper is easy to do. You can buy drippers that u can adjust the flow one like the octomitters i think their called. put it on a maxijet 500 pump with a normal hose and a hose punch to attach the dripper line. easy peasy and not much money.

The wilmas are actually good as pebble medium hydro style where u flood it 3 times a day for 15 mins. They provide good growth etch but are basically a pure hydro method.

The ultimate issue is feeding with drippers means u do need to set them right so u dont feed too much or too little. The closer u get to the optium balance the faster and healthier your plants will grow.

Also as a further tip when planting into say a 4 pot wilma, pot at the outside corners and not in the middle of the pot, cause they do get too cramed on the inside parts. got it :P

peace

Top Bottom