WILMA!!!

• Thread starter Herb Forester
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Cap's special Columbian (landrace) x FPOG = Images 3

Soooo grateful for the chance to test these, many many thanks bro...

Wilmas

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

They're growing so fast, I can barely keep up :wideyed:

Forgot to keep track of phenos on these pics, and a few are missing. They were started ~7 weeks ago and I should have taken more photos. The last one was sad at first but getting better now.

Wilmaa Wilmab Wilmad Wilmaf

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

And the hunt is on, day 59 (yesterday). Any feedback is welcome, I'm here to learn.

So far they seem to like slightly higher temps and rh, no surprise based on the genes. I underfed them at first and just getting the nutes dialed in now. Chow mix, lots of salt, organic teas, secret sauces, and of course plenty of OG Biowar :borg::android::greyalien:

Wilma01 Wilma02 Wilma03
Wilma05 Wilma06 Wilma04

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

72 days and they're just starting to show sex.

I've been fine tuning their nutes, trying to get EC lower now that they're up to 8 waterings per day. Been having some troubles that I might have just worked out with a new formula, but curious if anyone has feedback or diagnosis while I watch/wait.

This is #2 but they all show the same symptoms.

Wilma 2
Wilma 2 closeup

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I love it when those extra special opportunites knock at the door. Good luck with em man, theyre lookin like theyre off to a fantastic start. MGG

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
8 waterings per day? for how long are you watering?

Looks like they need a bigger container...

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

8 waterings per day? for how long are you watering?

Looks like they need a bigger container...
About 10-15 seconds every 3 hours, shooting for just enough so they're always barely dripping. I plan to water every hour in peak flowering, during lights on at least, and maybe 3-4 times during lights out? (very open to suggestions on this)

Roots haven't filled the netpots yet, but they're definitely going into something bigger very shortly.

they look nice and green but have the droops from too much water maybe???
here's my wilma day 40, Betty had some balls, damnit, just a few , pulled them off, no harm no foul, ii think.
Nice, did you select that from seed? I'm used to watching for nanners from running some suspect crosses in the past. Hope that doesn't come up with these (today I can see they're all girls :cigar: ).

I think you're right about the overwatering, and didn't post details just to see if someone would say it un-prompted. I was handwatering them at first (which I don't think works well in chow btw), and also failed to allow enough runoff. They started getting too salty before I put them on the cycle timer, then got slightly stressed from evapotranspiration issues after moving into the flower room (EC too high, not enough water for the light provided, plus a drop in humidity), just learned this term from Quantrill :bookworm:.

What you're seeing above is the result of my initial correction attempts, lower EC, a higher N:K ratio (close to 1:1 now), and yes overwatering :drowning:. I brought them down from ~1.9 to 1.3, which looks a tad low for final vegging. Think I'll fix the watering issue by just turning up the lights! :woot:

Mogrow

Mogrow

About 10-15 seconds every 3 hours, shooting for just enough so they're always barely dripping. I plan to water every hour in peak flowering, during lights on at least, and maybe 3-4 times during lights out? (very open to suggestions on this)

Roots haven't filled the netpots yet, but they're definitely going into something bigger very shortly.

Nice, did you select that from seed? I'm used to watching for nanners from running some suspect crosses in the past. Hope that doesn't come up with these (today I can see they're all girls :cigar: ).

I think you're right about the overwatering, and didn't post details just to see if someone would say it un-prompted. I was handwatering them at first (which I don't think works well in chow btw), and also failed to allow enough runoff. They started getting too salty before I put them on the cycle timer, then got slightly stressed from evapotranspiration issues after moving into the flower room (EC too high, not enough water for the light provided, plus a drop in humidity), just learned this term from Quantrill :bookworm:.

What you're seeing above is the result of my initial correction attempts, lower EC, a higher N:K ratio (close to 1:1 now), and yes overwatering :drowning:. I brought them down from ~1.9 to 1.3, which looks a tad low for final vegging. Think I'll fix the watering issue by just turning up the lights! :woot:

Herb, yes Wilma is from seed, so is ""Betty"", had 5 seeds, 3 were males, one was a special smelling, looking one.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

same as Wilma ,FPOG.. just had a little "man" in her...
Was confused til I checked your thread, sounds like yours are phenos of FPOG? These are a cross that Cap made.

The droopy look was actually light stress, and they stalled for 3-4 days (is it even possible to overwater chow mix?) They're happy and praying now. Was thinking of flowering them out, but they got too tall (as seed plants always seem to do for me), so I'm taking cuts instead.

Pre-recovery photo. I have a theory on why the stress progressed this way if anyone's interested.
Wilma ow1

Fans from my favorite 3:
IMG 7848 IMG 7843 IMG 7844 IMG 7844   Version 2
The two on the right have extra sawtooth serrations, while the big one on the left doesn't.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm interested in your theory.

My guess is that lower humidity shocked them. Where do you usually maintain your rh and temps? I find that many if not most growers continue to run humidity values too low for optimal growth.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I'm interested in your theory.

My guess is that lower humidity shocked them. Where do you usually maintain your rh and temps? I find that many if not most growers continue to run humidity values too low for optimal growth.
Not likely, since I typically maintain VPD between 0.9 and 1.1 depending on leaf/air temperature differentials. There was a brief 24-48 hour period of lower humidity while getting them settled, but the symptoms shown didn't occur until several days later when I simultaneously turned up lights and drastically lowered the N:K ratio from 1:1.8 (along with dropping EC by .6 from when they were being hand watered). This also coincided with their first taste of supplemental co2.

In addition to light shock, I think the main problem was a sudden decrease in osmotic pressure, and not enough root mass to support increased transpiration (too many shoots, not enough roots). Interestingly enough, it all occurred just as they were reaching sexual maturity and beginning to stack much tighter nodes. I also noticed some slight Ca and boron stress, which had to be addressed prior to cloning (sorry no photos, been crazy busy).

The mother plants are now back to chilling in the veg room, and I'm just waiting for cuts to root.

Top Bottom