Wilting plants Ebb & flow X 8

• Thread starter smugsmoker90
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smugsmoker90

Hey Farmers! Ive been growing for a little over a year and i have recently come across what i assume to be a problem... I have eight Sage and sour in ebb and flow with drippers. They are a little over a month old and they are doing great. However they are wilting down befor the end of the 18 hours. Its weird because after they are ready to come back on they are reaching as if there was nothing wrong. My temp is staying pretty reasonable 65off and 75 on. humidity is at 50% and my ppm is at 400. I am useing the flora series from gh. I am only useing the Floracious Grow and the flora growfor right now. The reason why i am asking for advice is because i have never seen this strain do that before. All of my other grows were beautiful.

If you guys could throw me some advice it would be well appreciated.
Thanks
Smug

S

smugsmoker90

i have the drippers come on every other hour for an hour. is that too much?

S

smugsmoker90

Hmm they are still doing it. ive cut the drippers back to four times a day and they still seem to wilt.

any more suggestions

C

crossouttheiis

too much water amigo?]\

that is the first thing I was going to say as well.

i have the drippers come on every other hour for an hour. is that too much?

I believe that could be your case. I would just adjust it to your plants. back off and start dripping for x amount of time once a day and then increase it until you see your plants starting to wilt. I would also increase your ppm a little bit as well. I am running half strength and still getting above 500 even in veg

S

smugsmoker90

i will do that for sure. i had a problem from the get go . i had the ppm up to 700 and kinda stressed them out. like i said they are growin daily and doing well. just didnt know if it was a issue to worry about.

purpleberry

purpleberry

If there doing it before the lights go out, and then fine when the lights come on, I wouldnt worry about it, Ive seen plants do this and they just know the lights or going out. You dont notice unless you look at your plants right when the lights go out.

B

Bobby Smith

First off, what is an "ebb and flow with drippers"? Do you run drip or E&F?

Secondly, and more pertinent to your question, what medium are you using? If using hydroton your plants might be drying out, whereas if rockwool/coco your medium might be staying too wet.

Kinda need to know the medium to help you out.

S

smugsmoker90

i am useing hydroton... i ame useing it as like i combonation of both. the drippers fill it up to a certain level and then it drains slowly..... it was doing this when i was running the drippers every other hour for an hour. i cut them back to four times a day and they are still doing it. i move the drippers around the pots daily.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
its not uncommon for pot plants to get limp before lights go out and then they are standing tall and ready to go an hour before they come back on

I have seen strains that just seem to do this, like they are anticipating when the lights cycle

if everything else looks good dont stress and dont underwater your girls!

S

smugsmoker90

thanks buddy all of your inputs were very helpful.

Good growing!

O

Original Grower

15 minutes every 30 min, 45 min or hour, subject to your whole set up. you are watering too long too aften. roots need oxygen, and arent getting much, og

Latest posts

Top Bottom