Wind Burn? Heat Stress? Temps / Humid Is Fine.

• Thread starter PocketGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PocketGrower

few pictures below. Having about 3 or 4 plants show some leaves that are new growing leaves looking wind burned or heat problems?? Maybe root issues? Someone help??

Here's what I'm using and have plants under:

Bush doctor coco coir
Plants are all 18-22 inches from lights. I have 3 600w MH getting powered onto about 16 plants.
Watering at 800 ppm right now at about 2/3 strength as they are about to get into their last week of veg before their flip.
6.0 ph (sometimes gets up to 6.2 with my AN)
Did ph the runoff yesterday.. got a 7.1 . A bit high.

Pic included. But wtf do I do and how do I fix this ?!

Wind burn heat stress temps  humid is fine
Monster762

Monster762

Move the lights back. That sounds too close to me. No bugs? Looks like heat but halides too close will be heat. Dont see any bleaching though. Are they drying a long time?how often do they get water. And not spraying under lights right? And is fan blowing directly on them ? I'm in soil never did coco or hydro yet. Make sure fan isn't directly on them and move light back some. You have a good bit of light there. They'll reach for it either way.

P

PocketGrower

Move the lights back. That sounds too close to me. No bugs? Looks like heat but halides too close will be heat. Dont see any bleaching though. Are they drying a long time?how often do they get water. And not spraying under lights right? And is fan blowing directly on them ? I'm in soil never did coco or hydro yet. Make sure fan isn't directly on them and move light back some. You have a good bit of light there. They'll reach for it either way.

I hung my lights 20" away because that was what I was told is the "sweet zone" to ensure maximum lumens getting to the plant . The ones that are doing this are the ones I have in 10 gallon and 5 gallon pots ( 10 gallons get watered on average every 2-3 days, 5 gallons every two) and I also have muliple 3 gallon pots getting watered every day or other day (depending on dampness of soil) there is 3 oscillating fans about chest level to me , which is where my top colas are, and the fans are pointed at the lights (two fans pulling all heat out) to make sure they aren't to hot. I can include lighting pics if needed

P

PocketGrower

And no , I'm not spraying at all. 24 hour lighting cycle.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

It looks like your ec may be a bit high, and your temps are a lil high so its drinking more, and could be just a lil to high..
I would raise the lights 3 more inches, make sure you got a fan blowing between top of canopy and under lights.. then I would flush with light feed...

Im gonna say salt build up may be causing you a toxicity.
Most ppl use little pots and water more often to keep from having the coco dry out..
imo in doesnt do any good to test run off.
I would flush the plants with 1 ec feed..
Its gonna be hard to keep that coco from drying out and not breaking the bank on water and nutrients...

P

PocketGrower

It looks like your ec may be a bit high, and your temps are a lil high so its drinking more, and could be just a lil to high..
I would raise the lights 3 more inches, make sure you got a fan blowing between top of canopy and under lights.. then I would flush with light feed...

Im gonna say salt build up may be causing you a toxicity.
Most ppl use little pots and water more often to keep from having the coco dry out..
imo in doesnt do any good to test run off.
I would flush the plants with 1 ec feed..
Its gonna be hard to keep that coco from drying out and not breaking the bank on water and nutrients...
Sounds good I'll raise 3 inches and flush with light feed. Two separate veg rooms. One t5 setup and one MH setup. Both same feeding schedule, only having these issues in the MH room. Which leads me to believe temps ?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Sounds good I'll raise 3 inches and flush with light feed. Two separate veg rooms. One t5 setup and one MH setup. Both same feeding schedule, only having these issues in the MH room. Which leads me to believe temps ?
I am almost positive that its temps and just a slight too much feed... Can you take canopy temps? Leaf temps, and room temps and rh temp of each...
I check in on you after work!

SparcOne

SparcOne

few pictures below. Having about 3 or 4 plants show some leaves that are new growing leaves looking wind burned or heat problems?? Maybe root issues? Someone help??

Bush doctor coco coir
Plants are all 18-22 inches from lights. I have 3 600w MH getting powered onto about 16 plants.
Watering at 800 ppm right now at about 2/3 strength as they are about to get into their last week of veg before their flip.

Hi Pocketgrower, did you come to a conclusion as to why your possible issue was wind burn?? I've just posted recently in regards to a similar issue with some of my outdoor girls.

growsince79

growsince79

Bush doctor coco coir

Is it coco coir or coco-loco? Big difference.

Top Bottom