Wipe Out Wpm

• Thread starter ajax5240
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

ajax5240

He all, first time posting here. Been growing indoors for a few years. This is the first time I have really experienced an issue with WPM. Ruined the majority of a harvest, despite working hard to eliminate it before harvest time. Used "Big Time Exterminator" which reduced it greatly, but still had issues with the undersides of the buds that caused me to make the decision to $hit can it and not run a risk. Which leads me to my question..

I have clones growing from the plants that were in my last harvest, still occasionally showing signs of WPM popping up. I will try some other options for spraying those plants, but I want to ensure that all of the spores that may be in the flowering tent are gone so I don't deal with this on the next flowering cycle. Is there are a good product or procedure to decontaminate the tent? Disassemble all the fans and clean them? Wipe down with cleaners? Just want to make sure I don't miss anything.

Thanks in advance for any help or related advice.

B3

Dan789

Dan789

Get a sulfur burner, run it for a minimum of 4 hours inside your growing area, don’t run anything else fans and such. Wipe down the area/tent, fan blades afterwards with a weak bleach solution.
As for the clones, not sure what to advise you, me, I’d start fresh. Good luck

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Man it’s all about sanitary conditions and yes sulphur is best bet as wide spectrum mold/mildew and pest control.
Nuke it
Then wipe down with water first.
Then hydrogen peroxide
Then water
Then bleach
Then water again
And final hydrogen wipe
This gets it near sterile
Some go a step further and use alcohol as final wipe down as well.
Sm90 if you can find it, works wonders bro. I swear by it for control.
Clones hit it with green cleaner, it works.
If you have uv light, hit the grow space and clones with it for 1/2hr or so.
Clean your fans and every thing related that was inside or will go inside your grow space.
Wpm sucks ass man I feel ya pain.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

go to beauty supply and get 30-40% H2O2, I think they call it something else, so ask. Dilute ~ 50%, use gloves and wipe/spray everything down. Easy Peazy

A

ajax5240

Thank you all very much for taking the time to reply and pass along your advice and experience. Would you replace the carbon filter in the grow tent as well? Wash the pre-filter in the washing machine with some bleach? How deep do you get into the fans? I use a handful of the smaller clip on fans. Pretty easy to clean the blades, etc. Do you open up the motor housing? Or rely on the sulfur bomb to kill anything in there?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Heard very positive things about actinovate too. An organic solution to you problem. After cleaning your grow area you can also apply actinovate to your plants as advised. Never used it myself tho. Can’t really endorse it, but you can look into it. All reviews i read were positive.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Thank you all very much for taking the time to reply and pass along your advice and experience. Would you replace the carbon filter in the grow tent as well? Wash the pre-filter in the washing machine with some bleach? How deep do you get into the fans? I use a handful of the smaller clip on fans. Pretty easy to clean the blades, etc. Do you open up the motor housing? Or rely on the sulfur bomb to kill anything in there?
Just wipe what’s accessible. And spray with alcohol that isn’t. And let that dry of naturally.
I wash prefilter 4-x a cycle, once a month toss it in the wash, gentle cold cycle. The carbon filters are usually ok. Just wipe it down and spray alcohol into the media And let it dry off for a few days . Some try to refill the activated charcoal but eh for the hassle and costs it’s cheaper to buy another.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Baking soda is an all natural deterrent for PW. One tablespoon baking soda, one half teaspoon liquid non detergent soap to one gallon water, spray liberally on plants. Leave all fans on spray lightly throughout the grow room so as to spread vapor throughout all mechanical equipment. It works. Haven’t had it since I started this regiment.

Top Bottom