Wireless Security Camera Systems, In Need

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hackerman

Hackerman

Search eBay for "IP Camera". I use 3 or 4 of these in my grow rooms. Unless you really need to record and store the data, you don't need that base unit with the hard drive. An IP camera will simply tie into your home wireless network and you can view them from any PC or phone that's on the network.

Pretty neat. The lo-res cams are not real sweet. Stick with 1080 and better.

Also, I like PTZ pan, tilt and zoom. This allows you to rotate the camera around and see all around the room. Not all the cams have it.

I paid $30 to $50 for decent IP cams.

MW7945

MW7945

How far away will they be mounted from the receiver?

Just an fyi that particular setup uses only indoor cameras. My worry would be that those wouldn't have a very steady connection. I use eBay a lot but it's hard to tell the quality of what you're getting sometimes

Kinda iffy on the fact they're 720p as well. Like I said, system kinda depends on your needs/wants

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

ARLO
HD cam to your phone, notifies when movement. Love mine.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Purp Nugs

Purp Nugs

Hey DemonTrich, I too looked high & low for a wireless camera setup & to no real avail. Right now I don't have internet/wifi so going wireless without a wi-fi connection was somewhat impossible for what I wanted to do. I want to record activity for sure so I had to go with a wired setup. I didn't care to have to deal with replacing batteries because with only my luck there would have been some activity & the batteries would die.

I was at Menards the other day & ALMOST bought a Motorola baby monitor that I seen there. My boss has one & it works very well so I thought Hmmmm.... why couldn't I use a baby monitor? It has night vision, sound & also alerts you when there is a slight movement or noise. Not very many people think to look into baby monitors. They too can link to your phone. Their not very pricey but can be & some even come with a couple monitors that you can mount just about anywhere
wireless.

I did end up going with a wired Swann 720 HD 500GB memory for $188.00 & I have to say I do like it a lot.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
NOW THAT IS COOL!!!!!

Once I make it to the bigtime I am going to REALLY look into that. Thanks GT21
No problem and its actually affordable compared per camera. They can be linked to your mac hard drive or pc then through your interweb put it on your phone. I do my lap top because its bigger screen than phone. I watched the ups man toss my amazon box about 10 feet while sitting at my desk yesterday.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
No problem and its actually affordable compared per camera. They can be linked to your mac hard drive or pc then through your interweb put it on your phone. I do my lap top because its bigger screen than phone. I watched the ups man toss my amazon box about 10 feet while sitting at my desk yesterday.
He was saving his energy..

Purp Nugs

Purp Nugs

CTFU this is EXACTLY what I thought when I read your post

Latest posts

Top Bottom