Woe Is Me

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

Can't believe I did this!! Always had a problem keeping temperatures of the drying room in the 60s so this time in the interests of a longer drying time) I ran my dehumidifier a few hours on - a few hours off (ambient humidity is usually 70 to 90%). Today after a week of hanging I'm doing the final trim and low and behold the beginnings of a whitish mold on the stems - especially on the big dense buds. Not enough to effect smell or taste but still there. I'm stumped - anyone know of an acceptable fix. I'm cutting everything away from the stems but can't get everything without really breaking up the buds.

straincreation

straincreation

Damn thats a bummer.not much you can do except cut it out and hope for the best. Shouldnt be giving that to patients imo. Especially thise who are really sick.
Happy farmin;)

SunGrown

SunGrown

that does suck. Sorry to hear. I suggest drying in higher temps.

I agree with straincreation, do not give or sell to patients without at least a mold screening or two.

Do the tightest trim you can and throw away or BHO anything with mold that is visible

good luck

Ambre

Ambre

You can run the moldy buds as bubble hash - the mold/mildew will go thru the bags & be discarded with the water while the trichomes will stay inside the bags. I've done this before.

Top Bottom