Wolf Spiders?

• Thread starter sjstylz408
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sjstylz408

Saw some webs and i was like F***.. mites
But it looks to be wolf??? spiders.. they seem to chill on the plants and make there nest around it

should i worry? or just brush them off the plants

dextr0

dextr0

In my experience spiders are ok. Unless they are spinning webs around your buds...Ha! Whatever u wanna do man. I ask that u not kill it though. Trap it in a jar and let it free, please. If thats what u want to do.

A

AlienBoyD7

You are blessed to have Wolf Spiders. I would give them names.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if your seeing a bunch of tiny ones then maybe you just had a hatch

wolf spider moms carry their young around with them

little wolf spiders grow up to be big wolf spiders like the one below

found that baddass on my back porch

those tiles are 4" x 4" - thats one big ass spider

Wolfie
S

sfzoo

^i've seen considerably larger ones! freeky to look at.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
lol dam and I though I had the biggest one ever - only spider I ever seen comparable to that wolfie is a garden spider - and yes def freaky to look at

especially when you can see its looking back at ya

I tred rolling a AA battery next to it to give a better perspective of its size - but she wasnt having any of that lol

dextr0

dextr0

Man I wanna say the bite is almost as bad as a brown recluse bite. Rotting of the skin and all...Imma get back. But u would be surprised at how many spiders can do that to u. And most people only know about brown recluses, funnel web spiders and Black Widows. But there are more, and we should be aware. Imma go look real quick and get back.

wolf-spider-bite.jpg

Wolf Spider Bite Symptoms

Wolf spiders are shy and if disturbed can move very quickly. If they feel they're in danger they will bite. The spider's venom is poisonous but is not lethal.

If bitten, which is extremely rare, the bite can be very painful or cause itchiness. Symptoms can include swelling, prolonged pain, dizziness, rapid pulse and nausea. It's recommended that the victim should try to avoid any movement. An ice pack should be placed on the wound to reduce swelling. The victim should seek medical attention immediately especially if they are a child or are elderly.
Bite Prevention Tips

* Give your clothes and footwear a shake before putting them on.
* Check towels and your bedding before using them.
* Tape up boxes fully to make sure spiders can't enter them.
* Items that are loose that are stored in the attic, basement, or garage should be kept in plastic bags.
* Gloves are recommended when handling wood and rocks. Of course, check them too before putting them on!
* Under your bed there should be no clutter. Plus bed skirts should be removed.
* Beds are best to be moved away from walls.
* To prevent spiders from entering your home, seal up cracks.
* So that spiders can't feed on dead insects, it's best to remove them as soon as possible.

3070_xlfs.png

This lesion was produced by the bite of a brown recluse spider. The brown recluse is one of two common spiders in the United States considered poisonous. (The other is the black widow.) However, the hobo spider, wolf spider, and jumping spider can also produce bites that require medical attention.

S

sjstylz408

uhh *uck the first coupe of replys made me feel.. like imma keep them and grow them .. then that article made me cringe

fu*k i dooooooooo not want to get bit by that!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah chances are they will not all stay in your grow anyway because of the competition for food

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
"Runs for his fricken life!"

Spiders turn me into a 6yo girl!!! I would use small arms on those things in a bio suit or something...

shivers

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
"Runs for his fricken life!"

Spiders turn me into a 6yo girl!!! I would use small arms on those things in a bio suit or something...

shivers

I used 2 foot piece of a 2 x 4 - lol

T

Toes

with all the summertime ganja-eating bastards running around the greenshanty... a wolf spider would be a welcomed sight.... jumping spiders even better. I have to settle for the Assassin Bug i found the other day on the Datil peppers. just hoping it will leave the Anole lizards alone an prey on the plant destroyers...

yep it's sad... but that's my pesticide.

click80

click80

if they first torture then eat the borg, i would spring for a steak dinner or the wolfie equiv myself....that is a big ass wolf spider...neat, but i could see where it might surprise you a little if you found it while giving your plants the daily lookover...jeez...can u say "underwear change please".....lol

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Holly Fuckin Shit I thought my spiders were big.. That spider is super big.. I had 2 gaint spiders not quite that gaint tho.. I walked in my chamber rite past the gaint basterd rite but the door...I was now trapped in the chamber he was blocking the way out...Fear kicked in I felt like the kid in 300 that had 2 kill the gaint wolf it's ether him or me no way out!!! I yelled out a Spartan cry & attacked the gaint spider.. I killed him but he gave me nightmares I kept seeing his big ass everywhere but then I 4got about him... TELL NOW!!! I'm gunna go spray some bug spray around the house..

medicalgrowman

medicalgrowman

Take em out!

In my experience spiders are ok. Unless they are spinning webs around your buds...Ha! Whatever u wanna do man. I ask that u not kill it though. Trap it in a jar and let it free, please. If thats what u want to do.

Spiders of any kind are dead meat
if I ever find them in my house or growroom!
Sorry if that wasn't politically correct enough for ya!
Spiders have their place,
but that doesn't include my home
where I am a potential bite victim.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
with all the summertime ganja-eating bastards running around the greenshanty... a wolf spider would be a welcomed sight.... jumping spiders even better. I have to settle for the Assassin Bug i found the other day on the Datil peppers. just hoping it will leave the Anole lizards alone an prey on the plant destroyers...

yep it's sad... but that's my pesticide.
I love anoles, fractious little turds are great for eating lots of undesirable bugs.

A lot of people will blame necrotic lesions on the brown recluse, not realizing that its range is rather specific and it is absolutely not on the west coast. The spider that is on the west coast that does cause these lesions, and I've got plenty around here* is the hobo spider.

I love spiders, I won't kill them. Jumping spiders are the BEST! We get these huge black and red ones, never seen such a big jumping spider. But there are many, many more species up here than that.

* I believe that whatever bit me a couple of weeks ago and caused one hell of a reaction, including what was starting to look as though it was going necrotic, may have been a hobo spider. Bite site was nasty and it's only just beginning to heal.

A

AlienBoyD7

What people dont realize is that there is a spider within six feet of you at all times. lol... I still have two holes in my leg from a spider bite I got in Chelan Washington from 1989.

Latest posts

Top Bottom