Wondering how plants are looking, first time grow week 3 and a half flowering

• Thread starter AttackPanda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AttackPanda

AttackPanda

Hello again everyone, I am wondering how my plants look, and if they are doing well or not, This is week 3 and a half of flowering, The one in the middle has gotten real close to the light, and I cannot raise the light any higher in this space, so I'm trying to figure out what to do with that as well. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated thank you all.

Wondering how plants are looking first time grow week 3 and a half flowering
Wondering how plants are looking first time grow week 3 and a half flowering 2
Wondering how plants are looking first time grow week 3 and a half flowering 3
Matthewstever

Matthewstever

Gently bend her over and tie her down a little bit....don't fold any stems at this point...
Do you use any training? I use LST (low stress training) to keep my plants short and build multiple main colas.

AttackPanda

AttackPanda

Gently bend her over and tie her down a little bit....don't fold any stems at this point...
Do you use any training? I use LST (low stress training) to keep my plants short and build multiple main colas.
Alright, I will look into that more, I tried it before but the plant always righted itself up in just a few hours, and I didn't know how much I could bend it without breaking it, this is my first grow. I'm still trying to figure this all out if that makes sense. Thank you for your advice though. How far should I bend it?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Alright, I will look into that more, I tried it before but the plant always righted itself up in just a few hours, and I didn't know how much I could bend it without breaking it, this is my first grow. I'm still trying to figure this all out if that makes sense. Thank you for your advice though. How far should I bend it?

I have to tie down branches on a daily basis. I like to first get my humidity up as high as possible, spray the plants with plain water 20 minutes or so before the lights come on. This helps the plants become a little more flexible. Not much but it helps. Start playing with small branches first. You will eventually get the feel for when they are about to snap. You will break a few branches the first few tries until you get it down, but I have managed to bend main stalks as much as 45° even 90° without any problems at all. You can use twine or string or whatever you have to tie stalks and branches down, just don't let them choke the branches, make sure you leave room for them to grow and expand. Tie down from the highest "Y" on the branch that you can without folding the branch or snapping it. Be careful not to let loose clothing snag the tie-down, things like that, they will break easily the first couple of days. You will have to frequently move them around as the plants grow and can become very tedious when you have 400 branches tied down 🤠

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

Supercropping, I give the stems a good squeeze where I want to bend/fold them over ..you can feel the inside of the stem giving way...don't break the skin...they'll be fine, and most times still need tied down cuz they're strong and will try to stand back up. Amazing plants..

AttackPanda

AttackPanda

I have to tie down branches on a daily basis. I like to first get my humidity up as high as possible, spray the plants with plain water 20 minutes or so before the lights come on. This helps the plants become a little more flexible. Not much but it helps. Start playing with small branches first. You will eventually get the feel for when they are about to snap. You will break a few branches the first few tries until you get it down, but I have managed to bend main stalks as much as 45° even 90° without any problems at all. You can use twine or string or whatever you have to tie stalks and branches down, just don't let them choke the branches, make sure you leave room for them to grow and expand. Tie down from the highest "Y" on the branch that you can without folding the branch or snapping it. Be careful not to let loose clothing snag the tie-down, things like that, they will break easily the first couple of days. You will have to frequently move them around as the plants grow and can become very tedious when you have 400 branches tied down 🤠
Looking really good. Too late for supercropping imo, I agree that just bend down and secure it slowly, a little at a time.
Supercropping, I give the stems a good squeeze where I want to bend/fold them over ..you can feel the inside of the stem giving way...don't break the skin...they'll be fine, and most times still need tied down cuz they're strong and will try to stand back up. Amazing plants..
Thanks for the advice guys, I will definitely try that stuff next time if it's too late. But alright I'll bend it down again and see if it will stay, it probably will since the stretch phase is basically over, Hopefully anyways lol. Thanks for saying they look good though, this is my first grow so I'm kinda freaking out about everything lol. The buds aren't expanding much yet, or does that happen later?

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

Takes them a bit of time to start filling out...be patient...hardest part for me too...lol

Top Bottom