Wondering if AQUAMAN can have look at my water report

• Thread starter CactusJack1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
Right now my ppm from tap is 116 and ph does move up and down out of tap. Should i be adding epson salt or calmag every watering.
Thumbnail img 0302jpg
Thumbnail img 0303jpg
Thumbnail img 0304jpg

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Right now my ppm from tap is 116 and ph does move up and down out of tap. Should i be adding epson salt or calmag every watering.
View attachment 1253275View attachment 1253276View attachment 1253277
Deoends on the nutrients used but not usually requied.

What i would be concerned with is the sodium levels. To high for my liking and while the tds is in a good place the makeup of it is not. I have a feeling that they are using a sodium based buffer for the water treatment such as sodium bicarbonate

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Is there anyway to filter out the salts.
Yup a cheap RO 3-4 stage will do the trick well. A bit wasteful but very cheap is the RO buddie buy aquatic life.
The 3 stage without DI will give you a base ppm under 30 and can be much lower.

The 4 stage with DI will give you a base of avout 1-2ppm

Make sure you flush the carbon cartridge as per manufacturer recommendations no matter what unit you buy.

AQUATICLIFE Twist-in 4-Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Deionization System, RO/DI Filter Unit 75 GPD
https://a.co/d/gaWQ3x2

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can also purchase chaper options off their website.

When using RO you may need to add a buffer or cal mag depending on the grow style and nutrients but many are designed for use with RO.

If you can fill be in on your media and nutrients i can give you further advice in this area

With that much sodium im surprised your not seeing some deficiencies in your grows relating to uptake

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Is there anyway to filter out the salts.
Just to clear up this statement. Salts is a chemical term sodium bicarbonate is a salt, magnesium sulfate is a salt, potassium nitrate is a salt… salts are not the issue but rather the sodium itself

CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
I run into burnt leaves about 5 weeks into flower. Will water one day then i see the next day some leaves die over night. I grow in promix with ewc and add mykos using dutch science nutrients. I bubble water for a couple of days to try and bring chlorine down ph is always about 7.6 to 8 so i ph down.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I run into burnt leaves about 5 weeks into flower. Will water one day then i see the next day some leaves die over night. I grow in promix with ewc and add mykos using dutch science nutrients. I bubble water for a couple of days to try and bring chlorine down ph is always about 7.6 to 8 so i ph down.
Ok so with an RO unit you do not need to ph your nutrient solution and infact i see the lack of buffer as a benefit. The promix is pre buffered. The sodium levels are likely part of your issue.

Adding 1/4 dose of cal mag may benefit you if under LED lighting.

At 5 weeks in flower by the time you get and RO you may only make a small improvement this grow but should be night and day next grow.

I think these 2 threads will aid you in your next grow in term of understanding PH and watering.

CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
Purchased Aquatic life three stage RO system . Installed im getting 10 PPM now i guess i will be using cal mag now it will be a whole new learning experience feeding plants.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Purchased Aquatic life three stage RO system . Installed im getting 10 PPM now i guess i will be using cal mag now it will be a whole new learning experience feeding plants.
What nutrients are you using again bro? Most are designed for RO and you will likely need very little if any cal mag.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter

I like Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus or Emerald Harvest Cal-Mag because they both have a little nitrogen and both are potent and will last a long time. I usually give about 2ml per gallon and that's all it takes.

CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
Been watering with RO water last couple of weeks adding Silca Si and 1/4 dose of nutrients dont have to PH it comes out after mixing 6.3-to 6.4. Plants are 6 week old autos moving to flower tent tommorow they have out grown the 3x3. Havent added any cal mag yet they are not showing any signs of needing it. Thanks Aqua Man on the advice of going with RO water.
Thumbnail IMG 0317

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Been watering with RO water last couple of weeks adding Silca Si and 1/4 dose of nutrients dont have to PH it comes out after mixing 6.3-to 6.4. Plants are 6 week old autos moving to flower tent tommorow they have out grown the 3x3. Havent added any cal mag yet they are not showing any signs of needing it. Thanks Aqua Man on the advice of going with RO water.View attachment 1257759
Good shit man

Latest posts

Top Bottom