Wondering what y’all think first grow, not expecting maximum yields but still curious to see what you all think

• Thread starter Redbush117
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Redbush117

Redbush117

Strain:Wedding Cake
5.23 Gallo pot, she has been growing in a 6 foot square closet
Soil is fox farm happy frog
She is 4 weeks into flower, I stopped nutes a cpl weeks ago to let the soil do the rest of the job her ph is around 5.7 ppm and ec are 2215 and 2.5
Lighting: I’m using what one would call a purple light, not the best but it was selling as a 600w, I know that’s prob false advertising that’s why I added a smaller 20w light at an angle to up the yield but I don’t know. Just checked the trichs today they are starting to get there heads, I’m thinking 4 weeks to harvest? What do y’all think

Wondering what yall think first grow not expecting maximum yields but still curious to see wha
Wondering what yall think first grow not expecting maximum yields but still curious to see wh
Wondering what yall think first grow not expecting maximum yields but still curious to see wh
growsince79

growsince79

Its pretty. My guess is 3-4 zips at best. Need better light.

Redbush117

Redbush117

Its pretty. My guess is 3-4 zips at best. Need better light.
I have a 1000w as advertised to, but this one is a brighter white light, I’m using it on a Pineapple Express right now, I’m going to let the wedding cake do what she does then take those two lights with the 1000w light. That will all be in a 16 sqft tent, with all those lights, the “1000w” “600w” and 20w how well do you think I can get the yield up on the Pineapple Express? I’ve got her trained for over a dozen colas as well. This first one was a test run to see if I could do it lol

growsince79

growsince79

Hard to estimate anything when you don't know how much light they get. You need to go by the real wattage, not the fake supposed to be equivalent to bs. You need 40w/sqft with the cheap leds. With the good ones 30-35w/sqft will work.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
A 1000w led is often 100w. The 600w purple one is probably 240w to 280w, the 20w is just a couple watts.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
What brand light is the 1000w?
Do you have a meter, you could measure the actual power usage.
It is a 16x16 space, that is 256 sqft. I think, and he said multiply that by 30w to 40w per... And I run out of fingers, but I'm guessing a big no on the question will these lights be adequate for your 16x16 space. Maybe reduce your space till you get 8k watts of light. If you have the 350w you think, that is 10 sqft @ the 35w range. A 3x3 will suit those lights better or there about.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Folks here seem to like mars hydro, there is a spider farmer guy (coincidentally, his name is @SpiderFarmerLED) who has discount codes in his profile you can use for that, but shhhh... Personally, I went with viparspectra. All these use what seems to be the industry pick, samsung diodes w/meanwell driver. Also, lots talk about alibaba, if you're serious about lighting a 16x16, that might be the way to go. Anything besides led, there are many here who can help, but keep in mind the heat some lights make will have additional costs associated with them.

Last edited:
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Even just moving that blurple wonder down so it is much closer to your plant will probably help. I think I would try moving it 12" away and keep an eye on the leaves for any sings of burning. $0.02 delivered.

Redbush117

Redbush117

Folks here seem to like mars hydro, there is a spider farmer guy (coincidentally, his name is @SpiderFarmerLED) who has discount codes in his profile you can use for that, but shhhh... Personally, I went with viparspectra. All these use what seems to be the industry pick, samsung diodes w/meanwell driver. Also, lots talk about alibaba, if you're serious about lighting a 16x16, that might be the way to go. Anything besides led, there are many here who can help, but keep in mind the heat some lights make will have additional costs associated with them.
Oh shoot sorry no the tent is literally 16feet squared, it’s def not 16x16 lol yea sorry everyone 16 foot squared

Redbush117

Redbush117

This is my Pineapple Express, I am transferring her one last time to a 22 gallon pot, then I will train her to spread out kind of like a...well a centipede lol. She’s almost 60 days old little small I think but she’s growing like a weed”hahahahahaha no pun intended. But yes this is the light I have for her I plan on moving the wedding cake up here after harvest in order to try to get her to go back to veg since I’ll be moving the lights up there to.
21CC2BC8 2C57 4860 B809 0CD13073A29D
5E71ADF8 5B29 46E9 A7CA C6A3E154D4A7

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Oh shoot sorry no the tent is literally 16feet squared, it’s def not 16x16 lol yea sorry everyone 16 foot squared
16 sq ft, sorry i read wrong! so with 16 it is much better, still not the best. so you need about 560 for that 35w mark. check with a meter and see what those lights really are. i have a 4x4 and am using 2 xs1500 (150w ea) and 1 xs2000 (240w), for a total of 540.

...and yes, move the purple one that is way up there much closer to the plant.

if you get a new light, look into the ones with the samsung diodes and meanwell driver. that seems to be the top thing. most of the cheap lights are cheap made and wont help you. just my opinion, you will spend a bit on lights but it will make the most difference.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom