wondering whats wrong with my plants

• Thread starter NBfrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NBfrost

hey all , i was wondering if anyone could help me determine what i am not adding or adding to much of to my nutes .. I feed flora nova , one part ..i dont know the ec , but i've been mixing 1.25 ml per 19 liters .. says on the bot around 800ppm . I had a salt issue i believe , so i flushed with water ph'd to 6.5 .. everything is going awsome , now i have this issue . i just waterd with botanicare's organic nitrogen additive .. I always keep my ph around 6.5 , i am growing some in pure coco , the others in sunshine mix #4 and a few with them mixed together .. I also feed cal / mag and b1 .. thanks for any insite in advance

Wondering whats wrong with my plants

Wondering whats wrong with my plants 2

N

NBfrost

ok , i was also looking alittle closer and i can see some small white spots forming on some of the 3/4 dead leaves , im worried it might be pm . i have never had to deal with this issue . this is my 3rd run in the is place and have had no issues . except mites , but i bleached the hell out of everything before the next run . how do i fight this ?

N

NBfrost

i droped my ph to 5.8 , things are not getting worse but there not getting better , i have sever leaf drop on some of my afghanie 's .. how long will it take to get my ph back in check ? I have never had this issue . my last run was awsome , 1.5 g per watt , i was satisfyed . all my tops are healthy and great , but i am getting about a hand full of dead foilage every day .. any suggestions ? anyone ?

hiboy

hiboy

it takes a few days to show recovery, dont expect it to happen overnight.
also u should purchase a nute meter, either ppm or ec. i couldnt even imagine not using one, too many variables
h

N

NBfrost

i have never used an ec or ppm meter , every time you add a nute measure ? does it read the overall ppm of say 4 combined nutrients ? thanks for the help , i droped my ph down to 5.8 wattered again today ..

N

NBfrost

here are some new pics , i adjusted my ph to 5.8 for the last 4 days , but im not seeing much for results. I dont know what im doing wrong . I leave my water out for at least a day to evap the chlorine . I am flushing with just water and cal mag , 4ml per gal .. I ll post the new nutes i bought yesterday , just have to go take a pic .. here is the new pics .. the funny thing is the only thing that looks to be not coming around is the kliahnakov in the coco coir , and my sunshine #4 and coir .. my plants in teh strait sunshine mix are great , growing 2 inches to 3 inches a day .. my pure kush , e. cheese and pure afghanie are great , alittle floppy but no discolored leaves .. ? any thought ?

IMG 0562

IMG 0563

IMG 0564

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
they are hungry brother 19 liters is 4.75 gallons never used flora nova but 1.25 ml per 5 gallons dont seem like enough unless its a constant feed even then it seems to not be enough

the sunshine is charged out of the bag aint it proly still has nutes in it or is breaking down the mix quicker

and like hiboy said without a ppm or ec meter your guessing at what is in your feeds this is a major headach in coco dont know who said it but it is a fine line between too much and too little in coco

P

paulycali

Yep 1.25 ml to 19 liters is way to low to be feeding your plants. Just doesnt sound right. Are you sure the bottle says mix 1.25 ml to 19 liters of water? Very hard to believe. Get a ppm meter for sure. Should make your life much easier

N

NBfrost

the bottle says 1.25 ml per liter .. I was having a salt issue i believe , so i was flushing with a mild mix .. the run off of the coco looks very hot , really dark water . 2 years ago was my first run indoors , and my first experience with coco , i didnt have a ph or ppm meter , and everything grew great .. lol i think i must have gotten lucky lol .. Im going to feed them this morning , i post my results ..thanks for the insite , i appolgise for these basis mistakes lol

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
no need to appolgise .....keep your head up coco the older it gets the more K it releses so if you reuse it this can cause a problem if you dont know coco ........good luck

N

NBfrost

i will keep that in mind , i really appericate the advice , I adjusted my feed to 3ml per l so im feeding 60 ml per 20 l .. since i started this morning i can see a slight improvement ... I will post some pics , also i should use a schedual like feed feed watter ? also ?

westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
The yellowing and falling off of leaves is due to lack of nitrogen. Your growing in coco and sunshine #4, these are hydroponic (soil-less) mediums so you should treat it as a hydroponic grow (even if you hand water). Keep ph at 5.8 and raise the ppm of the nutrient solution to about 1100 (you can push a little harder around 1200-1300 ppm as the plants get further along in bloom). Also you should not flush your plants at all yet. Hydroponic plants only eat what you feed them (because the nutrient uptake is very quick) if you give them water their aren't any nutrients being taken in by the plant. Feed your plants the proper ph and ppm's and I promise you they will get better.

N

NBfrost

thanks again , ive been watering with a ph of 5.8 now , i do not have a ppm meter , but im mixing at 3 ml per liter , the bottle says this is about 1200 ppm .. Ill post another pic tonite , the pure kush , cheese , and afghanies are all doing fine now , but my kalishnakov from green house is still having dying lower leaves .. lol im getting frustrated lol . Once they get to a certain point they will not regain there luster right ?

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

The damaged leaves will not return to normal if thats what you mean? You need to look to the new growth to see if the problem is better or not.

You can get a cheap TDS meter from Ebay for like 15 dollars, just a FYI

Cheers!

N

NBfrost

thanks i will check them out asap .. Things are one the up and Up i owe you guys , really appericate all the help and for putting up with my horrible spelling lol . I checked the run off of two of my plants and one was 6.5 and the other 6.3 .. i dont understand i had just watered with a solution ph's to 5.8 and my meter is dead on checked it to ph 7 and 4 ? but they are greening up very nice , i will post pics .. having issuse with on top on my kush tho , the leaves are folded and clawed , but the other 4 tops are fine any thoughts ? ill post a pic ..

westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
thanks i will check them out asap .. Things are one the up and Up i owe you guys , really appericate all the help and for putting up with my horrible spelling lol . I checked the run off of two of my plants and one was 6.5 and the other 6.3 .. i dont understand i had just watered with a solution ph's to 5.8 and my meter is dead on checked it to ph 7 and 4 ? but they are greening up very nice , i will post pics .. having issuse with on top on my kush tho , the leaves are folded and clawed , but the other 4 tops are fine any thoughts ? ill post a pic ..

The runoff ph is probably just higher because you've been feeding with a high ph for so long that it raised the ph of the medium. After feeding with the 5.8 solution for a while the runoff ph should drop for you. I'm probably gonna need to see a picture to help with the kush plant though.

N

NBfrost

ok np , ill get one tonite when i get back from work .. I cut about 10 clones from the lower base to put in my new veg room , and stupid me not having enought experience with trimming , i toped the plant to drive the hormones downward ..adn because they are getting way to tall . the plants top has a hole in the middle of it that is exposed .. it is all healed over now but the whole is still open ,, is this ok ?? ill get a pic of it for you ..

N

NBfrost

ok here is the new pics , any thoughts ??? Thanks to all you for your help i tryed to post a couple pics , but it said something about security tokens ? anyone have this issues ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom