World class lecture on cannabinoid and terpenoids

• Thread starter Graywolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Graywolf

Graywolf

Hi ya'll!

Hee, hee, hee, look who we were able to contract for a world class lecture on cannabis terpenes and their medical properties. Check out his papers on the subject!

Dr. Justin Fischedick, PhD
Cannabis – Cannabinoid and Terpenoid Profiling & Medicinal Properties
Please join us November 2, 2013 for our first in a series of international class lectures, starting with Dr. Justin Fischedick, a scientist with experience studying the cannabinoid and terpenoid chemistry of cannabis.
Dr. Fischedick will discuss the importance of understanding a cannabis strain’s chemical profile for use in medicine and clinical research.
This lecture will cover how to distinguish cannabis varieties based on their chemical profile, the potential medicinal / psychological effects of cannabis terpenoids, and the impact of such research on the future of medicinal cannabis.
Dr. Fischedick received both his Master’s degree and PhD at Leiden University in the Netherlands where he worked on numerous projects related to medicinal cannabis. He is currently a post-doctoral research associate at Washington State University studying other plants that produce medicinally valuable terpenoids. His scientific publications in the area of cannabis research include:
Fischedick, J.T., Hazekamp, A., Erkelens, T., Choi, Y.H., Verpoorte, R., 2010. Metabolic fingerprinting of Cannabis sativa L, cannabinoids and terpenoids for chemotaxonomic and drug standardization purposes. Phytochemistry 71, 2058–2073.
Fischedick, J., Van Der Kooy, F., Verpoorte, R., 2010. Cannabinoid Receptor 1 Binding Activity and Quantitative Analysis of Cannabis sativa L. Smoke and Vapor. Chem. Pharm. Bull. 58, 201–207.
Fischedick, J.T., Glas, R., Hazekamp, A., Verpoorte, R., 2009. A Qualitative and Quantitative HPTLC Densitometry Method for the Analysis of Cannabinoids in Cannabis sativa L. Phytochem. Anal. 20, 421–426.
Hazekamp, A., Fischedick, J.T., 2012. Cannabis – from cultivar to chemovar. Drug Test Anal 4, 660–667.
Hazekamp, A., Fischedick, J.T., Díez, M.L., Lubbe, A., Ruhaak, R.L., 2010. 3.24 – Chemistry of Cannabis, in:Editors-in-Chief: Lew Mander, Hung-Wen (Ben) Liu (Eds.), Comprehensive Natural Products II. Elsevier, Oxford, pp. 1033–1084.
The lecture will be held at the NCP Pantheon at 5932 Southeast 92nd Ave, Portland, Oregon, 97266.
Check in and networking at 9:00 am to 9:30 am. Lecture from 9:30 am-12:00 PM, followed by lunch break and Question and Answers from 1:00 until 2:00 PM
Hurry, only 50 tickets available, at $100 each, by RSVP only, first come, first served.
Fee includes on site parking and light refreshments. Lunch is available at cost from the attached New Copper Penny restaurant.
For RSVP and information, contact Graywolf at [email protected].
Send admission to reserve space to:
Skunk Pharm Research
3439 NE Sandy Blvd, Box 683
Portland, Oregon, 97232

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

What type of audience is this meant for, sounds very academic? Would one need a chemistry or research background to benefit from it?

Graywolf

Graywolf

One doesn't need a chemistry degree to benefit from it, but Justin can take it to what every level is required or desired.

I dare say that the more back ground you have, the more you are apt to glean from his lectures, but it is directed toward brothers and sisters interested in terpene profiles by strain and why the addition of the different terpenes affects the strains overall effects and medicinal properties.

We've also contracted a California film group to film it and produce a professional DVD of the lecture, which will be available later, for brothers and sisters unable to attend.

The biggest advantage to attending, is that he is also available for one on one questions at the end of the lecture.

D

DjangoNugs

Was that DVD ever produced? I'd take one as well...And btw, kudos and thanks to all y'alls research and the subsequent dissemination of it.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Long story, but the short answer is yes, though not as high a quality as we hoped.

The videographer was unfamiliar with the camera and failed to compensate for the light from the projection screen, so that is mostly all you could see.

When she finally gave up trying to save it, I took it to a professional studio, who was able to render it at least useable, though not purdy, so I just sent myself and the rest of the team a note to get it on line when I return from over the hill and far away next week.

D

DjangoNugs

That's cool to hear three years later lol!! Keep us posted on where to find when up if you can. Muchos gracias amigo!!

mancdank

mancdank

We never ever get cool stuff like this in the uk I would also like a copy when available or a link to watch it sounds real interesting

Latest posts

Top Bottom