Worms, any one put them in their pots?

• Thread starter dreamnfox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

So i have always put worms in my outdoor pots. This time i put them in my indoor pot. They really took off, lots of activity if i dug into the soil. My thoughts were the worms help aerate the soil and they add good microbes. they also let me know if i am overwatering, they will stay at the top is the soil is still wet. So anybody else doing this? Is there any reason i shouldn't do it?

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

As long as they are healthy great. If they die it’ll be a stink. If you aren’t feeding the worms what will they eat? Short answer your plants roots. Try just a worm composter and use the castings. Lots on the market under $200

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I feed them banana and avacodo buried beneath the surface of soil. Also any fan leaves i cut off. This is an organic soil grow

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

If you are all organic should be ok. Salts could be a problem late in flower but they may just move out by then.

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

If you overwater and roots start to rot they absolutely will

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

As long as they are healthy great. If they die it’ll be a stink. If you aren’t feeding the worms what will they eat? Short answer your plants roots. Try just a worm composter and use the castings. Lots on the market under $200
Dude I am shaking my head hard. Worms are good for any pot, they have many benefits and no negatives unless they come with disease/parasites. Having worms in your pot can help make nutrients more readily broken down and biologically available. I put worms I find in my yard directly into potted plants and compost with no issues. Some of them get MASSIVE by years end. I now have a lifetime supply of fish food along with my veggies.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I use them in every grow bag. If they end up dying they just become nutrients. Never had any problems using worms though. I try to mix night crawlers and composting worms but they all even out depending on how much food supply they have. The crawlers dig channels up and down the bag well and the composters generally stay near the surface. Collect them in the spring after the rains. You can score hundreds in a matter of minutes.

Top Bottom