• Thread starter Pajeppy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pajeppy

Pajeppy

Alright, just noticed this today.

Worms week four of flower

Worms week four of flower 2

Can't tell what kind of worms these are?

The damage isn't too bad yet so I'm glad I caught it early. I've squashed all the ones I could find. This is the extent of the damage so far.

Worms week four of flower 3

Do I have any recourse here at this stage of flower? Luckily I've only seen them on one plant, my best one or course. I've moved her across the yard from the other 3.

Also as I was looking for worms to crush I found a single aphid. Bastard got away before I could get him off the plant. How boned am I here?

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Safer Caterpillar Killer or similar BT product. Not a huge deal type of bud worm. Pine trees nearby? Best treat often. They can screw up a nice fat cola. Moths lay eggs and the little bastards hatch out and start chowing down. They will rot a bud later in the season. I dunno about aphids. Lots of stuff to use but I’m not sure what’s safe at this point. I’ve known ppl to use azamax In flower but I’m personally not comfortable with it. The Safer is fine to use though. Imo

Pajeppy

Pajeppy

Safer Caterpillar Killer or similar BT product. Not a huge deal type of bud worm. Pine trees nearby? Best treat often. They can screw up a nice fat cola. Moths lay eggs and the little bastards hatch out and start chowing down. They will rot a bud later in the season. I dunno about aphids. Lots of stuff to use but I’m not sure what’s safe at this point. I’ve known ppl to use azamax In flower but I’m personally not comfortable with it. The Safer is fine to use though. Imo

Yes, Pine trees around. Didn't have this issue last year and this is only my second year. Good to know, thanks.

Thanks for the safer recommendation. That's something I'd be willing to spray I think.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Monterey also makes a good BT product. Should be safe on flowering plants, but I'd probably stop a couple of weeks before harvest.

There are BT products with some sort of petroleum chemical as a carrier. Avoid that on flowering plants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom