Worried I screwed up, how long til they sprout?

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

Hey all, total rookie here just planted sprouted AK47seeds 2 days ago in damp ph-downed rockwool, in a humidome 12" under 220 watts watts of t5 lights and nothing has popped through...not really sure how long it should take but my buddy had all of 10 or 11 of his ak47 sprout within 2 days, and I gotz nothin. I'm worried I screwed up, do I need to lower my light perhaps?

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
They should pop real soon bro .

S

scoobydoo

Ive had ones show after 1 day up to 5, its a waiting game

I

I B L

Premium Member
Supporter
total rookie jh420

yes mon;) there r a few tings a total rookie could miss here,you say you planted sprouted seed,having the white sprout tail pointed down in the cube hole and not pointed up is good,also do you have p h meter ect........how down is it,just checkin......:smoke

JH420

JH420

Soaked rockwool in water ph downed to 5.5...sprout tails pointin down.

F

FastForward

Give it a bit more time as the others have said. If you're just starting out, hold back on the amazing genetics until you've got germing down. It's easy, but until you work out a way that works for you, you might actually kill a few by accident (all part of the learning curve). I killed 10 OG Kush beans on my first go and learned a valuable lesson that I'm now passing onto you.

JH420

JH420

No results yet...I got a bad gut feeling I screwed something up, fingers crossed for tommorrow. Yeah, should have used some cheaper seeds first go.

607SensimilliaFarma

ahhh think they will pop its only been 2 days id wouldnt worrie quite yet

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
What are your temps? Got a seedling heat pad? Cold temps, slow germ. T5's are not gonna heat up a cold or even cool space. Some are just stubborn too.

JH420

JH420

Heat pad yes. Temps are in the mid to upper 70's. Think I should lower the lamp? One friend suggested I start with the lamp at 6" til they sprout? I have the lights on for 17 hours, is that enough?

darksideX

darksideX

i don't know exactly how it looks like at your garden,..but i drop my seeds at a dark warm place,..till they sprout,..then they get 18/6 or 24/0,..how ya like it,..
greEtz..

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Did you cover the pips with a little rockwall when you placed them in the cube, or did you just place in cube, essentially leaving a whole above them?

If so light can get in and kill the root. If they have all sprouted already, they shoud all be throw in a day or 2 max. Perhaps try lowering the light levels. They only need a tiny amount of light until they have all shown. Then you can lmove the lamp closer to the seeds.

One thing I find helpful, if you cant reduce light levels, is to place a piece of paper over the prop acting as a light block for the seeds.

JH420

JH420

Did you cover the pips with a little rockwall when you placed them in the cube, or did you just place in cube, essentially leaving a whole above them?

If so light can get in and kill the root. If they have all sprouted already, they shoud all be throw in a day or 2 max.

This is where I think I messed up. I originally planted the sprouted seeds without covering them with rockwool...within an hour I felt I did something wrong, checked my book and covered the seeds with rockwool.
Could I have killed them in that hour?

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Well it is possible. Give them a few more days, then gently pull one of the block apart and see whats going on.

I used to do this method as you have done and worked really well, but too much human interference on the seedling imo.

Now I just put the seed straight into a jiffy plug. This way it acts like the paper towel, sprouting the pip, and its already housed in its starter plug, so no transplant failures. You can even go straight into soil. I put 12 cherbobyl down 3 days ago, and 9 have shown so far.

H

Husbandnwife420

when u planted them did you maby pack the sprouts a lil 2 hard just a thaut

JH420

JH420

Well it is possible. Give them a few more days, then gently pull one of the block apart and see whats going on.

I used to do this method as you have done and worked really well, but too much human interference on the seedling imo.

Now I just put the seed straight into a jiffy plug. This way it acts like the paper towel, sprouting the pip, and its already housed in its starter plug, so no transplant failures. You can even go straight into soil. I put 12 cherbobyl down 3 days ago, and 9 have shown so far.

when u planted them did you maby pack the sprouts a lil 2 hard just a thaut

The pre-drilled holes in the rockwool were suffeciantly large that the seeds went in without much friction, so I don't think I damaged them there...I wonder if I packed the rockwool too tight over them?

JH420

JH420

Still nothing showing. Thinkin of takin a peek inside the rockwool, maybe transplant to peat pucks?

Top Bottom