Worried I screwed up, how long til they sprout?

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

I got one sprout today, gonna pull of the humid-dome see if any more pop.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry I'm late getting back to this. Like others I sprout in a very dark, warm, humid environment and have always had good results with viable seeds. There's always the chance that the seed stock was old too even if you buddy's germed.

As herby said, I think it's time to look into the cubes but I wouldn't try a transplant at this stage unless they haven't popped.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I think I will pop in here with my first post. HI ALL!

I just started my first grow few days ago- Seeds direct into rockwool that was treated with ph down (to 5.5) and weak nutrient solution, although maybe not as weak as should have been, CF was about 8 or 9.

6 have sprouted ok, although I am a little worried as they look a little week to me, but what do i know.

Of the others- 1 nothing happened, its been 5 days and still nothing. 1 sprouted tiny bit, ejected seed case, but then seemed to curl up and die. 2 others are totally crazy, popping up about an inch and then back down into the rockwool. Any ideas on what went wrong with these, especially the two that seem to have their "heads burried in the sand" ?

They are in tray under dome, under a couple 21w T5 right now. Inside the dome temp is about 82 and humidity is about 99 according to the little meter i have in there.

This is my first post but i have been reading FAQ and as many posts as I can, thanks for your help and for the great forum!

JB

budboy299

budboy299

The ones that popped and then went diving back into the soil...is probably the root. The seed may have inadvertantly been upside down. When it popped did the diving ones show the false leaves or just simply a tip that reversed and went down again?

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Thanks for the reply budboy. Actually they are growing in rockwool cubes, not soil. I did not notice any "false leaves"- i am not sure what those are but i can guess.

Somehow I did not know when I put the seeds in the cubes that there was a right way up!

Can these be saved? What should i do? I am actually not sure which end is which.

Thanks again!

JB

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Im thinking you might have packed the rockwell cube holes to tight and sufficated the poor blighters or like someone else said - old seeds.

Hope things go right for you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom