Would An Overflow Drain Be Overkill

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I was thinking that there could be any number of reasons for a number of buckets or just one bucket to overfill. This could cause any number of issues not the least being complete loss of crops. It seems like this would be a good backup just incase but I've never seen one in any setup. I've not even seen them in Heisens, in the pics I've seen, so they must be frivolous.

I was considering putting another 5g tote outside of the tent as a recovery tank. You could put the drain hole right bellow the bottom of the net pot on the wall of each tote. Then you would run 1" tubing from the drain hole in the totes to the bottom, gravity feed, of the recovery tank. In the recovery tank there would be a water pump with 1/2" tubing running back to the top of the epi center. Just put a water sensor switch however high as you want on the inside wall of the recovery tank. Then as the water fills it would reach the switch and turn on the pump.

I'm sure I'm over thinking it but it could save a crop maybe.

scubascrog

scubascrog

you could have just posted this in your journal and it would be answered. something about mods getting pissed at you creating a new thread for every little question you can come up with dude ffs use the forum how its supposed to be used.

G gnome

G gnome

you could have just posted this in your journal and it would be answered. something about mods getting pissed at you creating a new thread for every little question you can come up with dude ffs use the forum how its supposed to be used.
Took the words outta my mouth

I will say most of shawnerys threads have good questions and envoke good conversations

S

Shawnery

I just thought it was an independent question and not trying to mix things together is all.

DELETE IT!

I don't mind and I totally get how it could be seen as though , even if it's not.

scubascrog

scubascrog

this idea is more like a slucket bucket design, similar to UC. you have your feed lines to the bottoms of the buckets and it flows up and back into the res.
89-thickbox_default.jpg

scubascrog

scubascrog

technically speaking if you were pushing water uc style and it choked up on a clogged tube your return would have to be wide enough to catch your entire flow rate @ 900gph

S

Shawnery

technically speaking if you were pushing water uc style and it choked up on a clogged tube your return would have to be wide enough to catch your entire flow rate @ 900gph

Good point. I guess it would work with partial clogs but not a full blockage unless the recovery tank had it's own 900gph pump.

Latest posts

Top Bottom