Would be so grateful for any advice, first time growing and plants look a little sickly.

• Thread starter soverway
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soverway

soverway

Hello, I am doing my first indoor grow in organic composted soil. Each week I feed the plants water, nothing, water with nutrients, nothing, water, nothing, water with nutrients. I use General Organics Grow and Bloom and Cal/Mag. Right now a couple of them seem to be looking kind of sick. Does anyone with experience know what's wrong and what I could do to fix it?
Would be so grateful for any advice first time growing and plants look a little sickly

Would be so grateful for any advice first time growing and plants look a little sickly 2

Would be so grateful for any advice first time growing and plants look a little sickly 3

This is another plant:
Would be so grateful for any advice first time growing and plants look a little sickly 4

And one of my plants seems to be getting purple tips:
Would be so grateful for any advice first time growing and plants look a little sickly 5

Really appreciate any help from those with experience. I am eager to learn and get better at this but would love some help figuring out what's wrong and how to fix it. Thanks so much.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I've been growing for less than a year so I'm pretty new as well. If you're using composted soil, it likely already has nutrients in it so adding even more nutrients to such a young plant probably isn't a good idea and may be causing this.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hello, I am doing my first indoor grow in organic composted soil. Each week I feed the plants water, nothing, water with nutrients, nothing, water, nothing, water with nutrients. I use General Organics Grow and Bloom and Cal/Mag. Right now a couple of them seem to be looking kind of sick. Does anyone with experience know what's wrong and what I could do to fix it?View attachment 1046290
View attachment 1046291
View attachment 1046292
This is another plant:
View attachment 1046293
View attachment 1046294

Really appreciate any help from those with experience. I am eager to learn and get better at this but would love some help figuring out what's wrong and how to fix it. Thanks so much.
Post pH & ppm

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Looks like most every deficiency. I would say most likely overwatering, and nute lockout due to root rot. The only reason I say that is because I've seen a lot of noobs overwatered plants look like crap and my first noob plant being one of them.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

When you water, is the pot light and the top two inches of soil so dry that when you poke your finger in it, your finger comes out clean with no moist dirt on it? If not, it's overwatered. Water by weight, never on a schedule in dirt.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Looks like most every deficiency. I would say most likely overwatering, and nute lockout due to root rot. The only reason I say that is because I've seen a lot of noobs overwatered plants look like crap and my first noob plant being one of them.
+1

soverway

soverway

Here’s another few photos of the plants in regular light.

Do you think they will recover? If they can recover, what steps would you take to ensure they survive?

CA1BC84D 2464 42BC BF3D 136E9337D2BD
F9757703 E584 4DCF A3C7 06C8723C044A
89E4E212 476E 42BC B90D 0225F9C7450E
B62A6DB8 8916 4A76 B3BF 5096DE9C46E9
linde

linde

When you water, is the pot light and the top two inches of soil so dry that when you poke your finger in it, your finger comes out clean with no moist dirt on it? If not, it's overwatered. Water by weight, never on a schedule in dirt.
I water WAY more than that and have grown beautiful cannabis for over 25 yrs. I would personally NEVER let my plants get nowhere near that dry. Ever. Not arguing just saying.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I water WAY more than that and have grown beautiful cannabis for over 25 yrs. I would personally NEVER let my plants get nowhere near that dry. Ever. Not arguing just saying.
Nobody said you had to do it right for it to be beautiful, it just works better if you do it right.

linde

linde

Nobody said you had to do it right for it to be beautiful, it just works better if you do it right.
I beg to differ on what is "right" and drying your plants out to near wilting is far from it. Cannabis loves water don't be afraid to give it to them.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You under water once and its easy to learn when they need water.

You overwater them and you spend a long time learning.

They recover extremely fast from underwatering as opposed to overwatering......how much faster you ask?

thehighguy

thehighguy

W
Hello, I am doing my first indoor grow in organic composted soil. Each week I feed the plants water, nothing, water with nutrients, nothing, water, nothing, water with nutrients. I use General Organics Grow and Bloom and Cal/Mag. Right now a couple of them seem to be looking kind of sick. Does anyone with experience know what's wrong and what I could do to fix it?View attachment 1046290
View attachment 1046291
View attachment 1046292
This is another plant:
View attachment 1046293
View attachment 1046294

How warm is the grow environment? If it's to cold you can lockout nutrients... Generally speaking purple hues are associated with cold environments... But it could be genetics as well. I'm also pretty new to growing, but iv been using the cannabis grow Bible as a reference. It's got lots of pictures and is full good information.

Schnauzer

Schnauzer

With all the little things going on I’d say that you are over watering and your water ph is off. Ease up on the watering.... maybe every 3 to 4 days. I would also trim some leaves off of her, let her get some air under her dress.... she will like it a lot. I would mix in a dry amendment like insect frass or biol live from DOWN TO EARTH and some langbenite for the K and magnesium. Insect frass is low in NPK but readily available, it will help.
my 2cents
Happy growing

Latest posts

Top Bottom