Would Hanging Cfl's Help During Flowering

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I have what is basically a homemade quantum board, just to make it easy, putting out 1500w.

I'm wondering would it be worth the effort to grow taller plants and hang multiple cfl's below the canopy to decrease popcorn?

Or would it not be worth the extra electricity it would take in the end, in both veg time and light watts?

Bannacis

Bannacis

if anything some side leds would help but only if hi wattage...but on side off main buds... lolly pop your plants, don't need that lower larf. And if it doesn't take you out of your temp zones. go for it.............You want to go wider and fatter...not taller.

S

Shawnery

if anything some side leds would help but only if hi wattage...but on side off main buds... lolly pop your plants, don't need that lower larf. And if it doesn't take you out of your temp zones. go for it.............You want to go wider and fatter...not taller.
I get that because you don't want larf. But if I was to grow 5 foot plants like I did last time and not lollipop them but have equally strong LEDs hanging parallel to each plant I would assume there would be no larf and no reason to lollipop?

Not saying it's financially worth it as the last person commented on just saying that was my thinking

Bannacis

Bannacis

Yes, you would get better results under the canopy, with minimal trimming still. Not sure on the cost effectiveness tho. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try...lol

H

heisen

I have what is basically a homemade quantum board, just to make it easy, putting out 1500w.

I'm wondering would it be worth the effort to grow taller plants and hang multiple cfl's below the canopy to decrease popcorn?

Or would it not be worth the extra electricity it would take in the end, in both veg time and light watts?
Get that scrog on point and say bye to popcorn.i remove everything that looks like it's not gonna make the cut.thin that shit out some and let the good tops soak up the light.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

I use them.. But not for the reason youre looking for. Best way to reduce popcorn is to cut it off

IMG 20180731 063625 552
Bannacis

Bannacis

He uses the cfl's for additional lighting, you can lower those into canopy and along side, but the lower stuff under canopy is not worth it.
Also if your plant are crowded as GT21 your not going to beable to get them into canopy (not a bad thing) But if there is room you can have them right in the thick of things, so long as they do not touch the plant.

gwheels

gwheels

Get that scrog on point and say bye to popcorn.i remove everything that looks like it's not gonna make the cut.thin that shit out some and let the good tops soak up the light.
This i have learned. Fewer big colas is way better for weight and trimming.

Latest posts

Top Bottom