Would it be a waste to consider planting clover/ companion plants in fresh soil with my seedlings?

• Thread starter Hobblebush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cruzin

cruzin

Im in thought like you. Ive read some on it. I think Ill add some that repels bad and attracts good bugs. Im thinking pepermint, cilantro, and clover around the base of the plant and just outside the grow some sunflowers.

shaganja

shaganja

IMG 20200624 2011558
IMG 20200622 2020207
IMG 20200526 135721 187

Wow companion planting is so cool! There are plants that help yours grow. That is the last pic. Half clover, and other cool plants. And the next ones are for bugs, and oil production.

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

Wow that is very interesting, I would like to see the effects! I think it would somehow create balance like new microbes or something, but concerned about root interference

shaganja

shaganja

Wow that is very interesting, I would like to see the effects! I think it would somehow create balance like new microbes or something, but concerned about root interference
I made sure the yarrow is around edges. It has a large root system.

cruzin

cruzin

Update on the companion planting. I planted cilantro and marigolds by my plants and I have fewer bugs than my son who I share garden space with. And he planted clover around all of his plants and his plants are nice and green where mine are lighter green and lots of yellowing leaves and he has hardly any yellowing leaves. So next year I will be adding some clover around my plants as well. Just wanted to update what Ive seen with companion planting.

shaganja

shaganja

Royal queen seeds is also selling companion seeds! They have different packages too! One for bugs, one for growth etc...I see a pretty cool trend happening! Got me thinking. I burned some plants in the garden this year. So friend gave me some clones. He grows in a medium, on a flood drain table, drip waters 3 times a day. The plants had to be babied some when I first put them in the ground. Had to water them for a few days. Got me thinking. When a plants sit in a medium, and get watered, and fertilized. they dont have to work. When the plants realized they have to find water and nutrients, minerals, something happens. What exactly I dont know. But it feels as if they find life. They meet other plants. They communicate with them, they exchange minerals, and help each other. Am a fan of raised beds for this reason. Imho being social, and part of a community, makes a happier, healthier plant!

Top Bottom